Chapter Three ⁜ Tiger's Eye

"Sir, we should go

"Sir, we should go. We are wasting our time here," Big says. There is a frustration carefully hidden behind the respectful tone of his voice, but Kim can hear it anyway. They have been watching the boy sing for over an hour now. Big clearly thinks that it's pointless to just stay here and watch the boy sing. To Big, the boy clearly has no interest in talking to Kim.

"Are you wasting your time?" Kim asks, but his eyes are only on the boy lost in his music. "Aren't you at your job right now? You aren't wasting your time—you are working. As for me... I'm exactly where I want to be."

"My apologies, sir, but what are you hoping is gonna happen?" Big asks, the frustration, previously hidden, is now slowly coming to the surface.

"Haven't you heard when I say don't fuck with my personal business?!" Kim says firmly enough for Big to understand that he shouldn't press the topic anymore, and it works. Big stays quiet and Kim can once again focus only on the boy in front of them.

Kim wants to laugh; he knows exactly what the boy is trying to do. He wants to make Kim tired... bored so that he would turn around and leave. Too bad that Kim is enjoying every second of what is happening right in front of him. How can he not? The more the boy sings the more Kim wants him to never stop. The voice so sweet and the melody so enchanting that Kim is not planning to back off at all. He wants to curve his fingers around that petite waist, press his front to that plump ass, and run his lips on the back of the boy's neck, feeling the boy's pulse quicken and his breath get shaky. He must be so warm and soft. So fitting to be in Kim's arms.

Looks like Kim has to be on his best behaviour. Getting this boy might take a while, but Kim has never given up on what he wants and he is definitely not giving up now.

He doesn't want to show it, especially not in front of Big, but the speed with which his obsession with the boy started spreading all around his heart and mind is surprising even to him. It's like he entered the room he was not supposed to and now the doors are locked, and the walls are getting closer and he stands in the middle, unable to find his way out, just waiting for the walls to crush his flesh and bones and pour it out under the boy's feet as some kind of sacrifice for a god. His mind screams this one line, those couple of words he thought only one time before, back when he was eighteen and he had thought that, even at such a young age, he found the love of his life. He naively thought that he knew what love was. Now he knows better, but as when he was eighteen, even now at twenty-three, his mind screams the same words.

'All I have is his... as long as he is all mine.'

The last and only time he thought that, Kim ended up sending a bullet through his lover's head. There's nothing more important to Kim than loyalty. How can he love and keep close someone who is a cheater, a liar, and a spy for a rival family? Kim admits that he almost got fooled. That day when he pulled the trigger, it was the first and the last time when he felt something else than the utmost power in his heart. He is more careful now. There is no one who gets close to him without an excessive background check. Eventually, he will have to run the same check on the singing boy as well, but Kim doesn't want to wait. This time he will take the risk and hope that history won't repeat itself.