Chapter Eighteen ⁜ Two Weeks

God, Chay feels perfect

God, Chay feels perfect. Wonderful. Ecstacit. Well fucked. And well Loved.

He feels tired as well, but that is not important compared to everything else. He will sleep for at least twelve hours once they get back home... but they have to deal with hia first.

Just five minutes ago, they finished taking the quickest shower ever, and now, they are stuck in traffic on their way to explain Porsche everything. Chay is relaxed. He is happy that his brother is back for a couple of days or maybe weeks, and when it comes to introducing Kim to him, Chay isn't nervous at all. He knows that Porche will respect his decision no matter what. He might not agree with Chay's decision, but he will respect it.

But while Chay is relaxed, smiling out of the window and humming a random tune which can't seem to escape his mind, the same can't be said about Kim. Chay noticed Kim's nervousness from the moment he hung up the phone back in the warehouse. He keeps waiting for Kim to mention it in one way or another, but Kim has decided to play the role of a confident mob boss who doesn't fear anything and anyone. And as much as Chay believes that's true with everything else, it sure as hell doesn't seem like it applies to meeting a future brother-in-law.

When they get the green light, the car moves again, and Chay turns from the window to look at Kim. Kim keeps clenching his jaw, lips pressed into a thin line, and Chay is sure that if he would lean closer, he would see a deep wrinkle in between Kim's eyebrows. And the biggest indicator that something is wrong? Kim has not touched Chay once since they got into the car. And yes, it is just a little over five minutes, but this is Kimhan the walking obsession Theerapanyakul... this behaviour is weird.

So, Chay decides to have a little fun till they arrive at their destination. He relaxes deeper into his seat and smiles, "babe?"

"Hmm?"

"If hia starts asking you very intimate questions, just smile and answer each and every one. He is going to evaluate it. Every answer matters. He has this really traditional view of the world so you better not tell him that we had sex before the wedding. Oh, and also if he challenges you to a fight, don't worry... I'll ask him to be gentle."

Kim quickly glances at Chay, and just like Chay had thought—the wrinkle is right there in between those pretty eyebrows. "He... can fight?"

Chay nods, no longer smiling, his face is serious, doesn't show any signs of just messing with Kim, "he can. Hia was a street fighter here until he left for Norway. He was the best of the best. There were a lot of men who were afraid to fight ever again after they fought with my brother. Or... even worse... they couldn't fight anymore." Chay puts on a reassuring smile and places his hand on Kim's thigh, squeezing it a little, "but you are the mafia... you have great chances to win."

Chay is watching Kim narrowing his eyes before he has to turn back to driving. "You are bluffing," Kim says.

Chay chuckles, "I am. But hia was really a street fighter. He just won't be fighting you, and he won't have any weird questions... and yet... you are still nervous."