Chapter Two ⁜ Fascination

Chay has been active in children's charities for as long as he can remember

Chay has been active in children's charities for as long as he can remember. It's not just because of his good heart, but also because he wants to give back what he and his brother once received. Their parents died when Chay was so little that he barely remembers them, and his brother, Porsche, wasn't yet an adult, so Chay spent the majority of his life in an orphanage. No one ever adopted them—Chay suspects that it was because they were already too old to be easily adopted and especially when they never wanted to be separated.

When Porsche turned eighteen, he took Chay, and they left the orphanage. It was hard for a while, but once Porche finished his studies as an architect and managed to get work on some highly paid projects, things turned around for them. And then, a couple of months ago, after Chay turned twenty, Porsche moved to Norway. He got to be a lead architect on some huge project that it's supposed to last for a couple of years. So, that leaves Chay completely alone. But he doesn't mind. His brother is sending him money every month, and Chay is peacefully chasing his dream at the university while helping children's charities as much as he can.

"I think I'll go do some busking today. The orphanage needs to renovate the bathrooms. I'm hoping to raise at least some money today," Chay says to his classmates—he wouldn't really call anyone of them friends— during the lunch break.

"Today, man? We were supposed to go study for Tuesday's exam. Mrs Linn is gonna kill us if we won't pass."

"You can go and study without me."

"But out of all of us, you are the only one who really understands what it is that Mrs Linn wants from us," Chay's classmate groans, hitting his head on the table in frustration.

Chay chuckles, "I promise to go through it will all of you on Monday. Don't worry."

"Fine, whatever. Good luck with busking."

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Chay loves singing. He loves performing. He loves to see the palette of emotions that appears on people's faces whenever he performs. He loves to make people feel something. In fact, he loves it so much that he decided to pursue this career at his university as well. Studying music is harder than he had expected, but he loves it nevertheless.

Today's busking session is going well so far. It's not his best, but not his worst either. The box next to his feet is already filled with some amount of money, and as Chay always says, better a little money than no money at all. Sometimes he wishes that he would be rich or that he would have a rich boyfriend so that he would be able to give as much money to charity as he wants without constantly counting every cent he has. But, life isn't always going according to his wishes, so he has to settle with what he has.

He just finished another song when he saw two men approaching him. He wouldn't even think that he is their target, but the way the man dressed all in black with longer dark hair and piercing dark eyes is looking right at him, makes Chay think that, yes, he is definitely their target. He hopes that the only reason why they are approaching him is to actually donate some money—well, they definitely look like they have enough of those—and not something else. He is on the street, surrounded by a lot of people; they wouldn't try to kill him or something, right?