Chapter Nine ⁜ Never Letting Go

"Pol, pick five of our best men and brief them on the new protocol I sent to you—they will be Porchay's personal bodyguards from now on

"Pol, pick five of our best men and brief them on the new protocol I sent to you—they will be Porchay's personal bodyguards from now on. I want you to check the security level of his university and also... ask our informants if they know something about how much Mallori knows about Porchay. Does he know the basics—his name and that he had dinner with me, or does he know as much as I do?"

"Of course, sir. No need to worry—I'll take care of it."

"I want to hear from you by 10 pm at the latest!"

"As you wish, sir. Anything else?" Pol asks, and Kim doesn't really have anything else that he needs Pol to do right now, but even if he did, it wouldn't matter because when he turns around Chay is there—looking so tiny and soft in the big blue hoodie, his mouth slightly parted, taking in the grandiosity of this place Kim calls home, and then when their eyes meet Kim can't hold himself anymore. He has to cross that distance between them and take that kiss he had been craving for so long before his heart breaks open his chest and leaves Kim's body lifeless on the floor.

The moment Kim puts his hands on Chay's waist, it's like everything is good in the world. And Kim is exactly where he is supposed to be, and he swears that if someone tries to break this moment, he'll kill them right there, and then—no questions ask. He would do it. He would kill, break, and destroy just to have Chay in his arms.

Holding Chay's waist tightly, Kim leans in, whispering only one word he didn't get to text Chay back.

"Promise."

There's something about kissing Chay that makes Kim want to chain Chay to a bed and never let him go. To keep him all to himself. To have him every time he wants to. To mark every inch of this sweet body melting like chocolate under Kim's touch. To get high on the way Chay tastes. To savour every perfect sound he makes. Kim wants Chay to be just for him, not for other people. He found Chay first. He fought for his thrust, and now, he is keeping him no matter what. But there's also that other feeling that takes over Kim's body when he feels Chay pressing closer and kissing him back, eager to feel Kim's lips on his own again after so long. And all Kim wants to do is to do everything to make Chay happy, to see him smile, and to obey Chay's every wish. Maybe Kim wouldn't mind if Chay was the one chaining him to the bed and never letting him go. It isn't that bad of an idea.

Kim can taste strawberry chapstick on his tongue as he slides his tongue over Chay's lips into his hot mouth, but to him, Chay still tastes like sunshine and gold, with hidden tones of summer rain. Kim wants to keep kissing, wants to make up for all those lost days they haven't seen each other and their lips weren't attached to each other the way they always should be, but he is aware—somewhere from afar the reality is screaming at him—that he has to explain to Chay what is happening and beg for forgiveness if Chay is somehow angry or sad that Kim didn't keep his word and made them meet way sooner than they were supposed to. Chay is responding to his kisses so eagerly that Kim doesn't think that Chay is mad at him, but nevertheless, Kim can't risk anything—not with his sweetheart.