Chapter Nineteen ⁜ Till Death Do Us Part

Two weeks of wedding preparations

Two weeks of wedding preparations. Two weeks of Kim going about his mafia business, and Chay spending as much time with his brother as he could. Two weeks since Chay cut off Miranda's finger. And two weeks of Mallori being suspiciously quiet.

"Is he planning something, or did he just give up?"

Kim laughed when Big asked that question.

"Mallori doesn't just give up."

Kim made sure that security during the wedding would be the best possible. Today is supposed to be one of the best days of their lives. For Kim, this might as well be the most important day of his life.

Not even two months ago, Kim thought that he would never marry. The idea of marriage was not appealing to him at all. To him, marriage meant the ending of freedom. It was as if someone would put shackles around your wrists and ankles and held you hostage for the rest of your life. Kim is too stubborn and too independent to think that he would be ever comfortable in a situation like that. But then, it took just one look at Porchay Kittisawat, and everything has changed. Maybe Kim doesn't really mind shackles if those shackles are Porchay's hands. Maybe Kim won't feel like a hostage when the person he will be bound to is the person who made Kim feel that everything in the world is easy and life is beautiful even amongst rivers of blood and rain of bullets. That you can be tough and cold, but one day, someone will melt the ice and evaporate it so fast that you start to question if the ice was ever there.

Kim grabs a tie that is prepared on the bed alongside the other articles of his wedding attire. His eyes naturally travel to the left side of the bed, where Chay always sleeps. But this time, of course, Chay isn't there. He hasn't been there since the last night.

"You can't see each other before the wedding!"

Bullshit! Stupid wedding tradition taking Chay away from Kim like that! Why was it so bad wanting to fall asleep with his fiance in his arms one more time before the said fiance would become his husband? Yes, Kimhan is greedy! He is obsessed, greedy, and very very needy! And he can be! Who is going to fucking stop him? He isn't even ashamed of it. Just so they wait... after the wedding, Kim will take Chay away from everyone and they will learn that what belongs to Kim, belongs only to Kim and no one is allowed to take it. No one!

There's a knock at the door, and as they slowly open, they reveal Kinn's grinning face.

"What's so funny?" Kim snaps.

"Nothing," Kinn shakes his head and closes the door behind him. "It's just your face—it's exactly how I imagined it to be. Come on, smile a little! Porchay is literally two rooms down the hall."

"Two rooms too far!" Kim huffs, adjusting the tie to fit just right.

Kinn shakes his head and drops down on the bed, looking at Kim intently, "I can't help it, Kim. I have to ask again—are you sure about this? Isn't it just one of those—once you get it, it will stop being interesting—situations for you? You may think that this wedding affects only you and Chay, but I'm dating his brother. If you fuck shit up—"