Chapter Twenty-One ⁜ Husbands

"Porchay

"Porchay."

That's the first thing that leaves Kim's lips when he wakes up. His body aches. Mostly his chest. The bones inside of his body feel like they are burning from all that fire. He must have inhaled a lot of smoke. But it doesn't matter how he feels right now. What matters is his husband.

"Chay," he says again, opening his eyes, he sees that he isn't at home. He is at the hospital.

"Porchay," he says louder, but his husband is nowhere to be seen. No one is in the room with him.

Kim sits up. His instincts are telling him to go and look for Chay. He wants to go. He has to go. He looks at the bedside table—he can't see his phone anywhere. He has no way to call him.

Is Chay hurt? Did he get hurt saving him? Where is he? Where?

Just then, the door opens, and for a brief moment, Kim hopes that it's his husband. But it isn't. It's his brother.

"Where's Chay?" Kim blurts out before Kinn notices that his younger brother has awakened.

"Oh, thank god," Kinn walks up to Kim's bed. "The doctors said that you'll most likely wake up tomorrow because you need rest."

"Where's my Chay?" Kim repeats his question—he swears that if someone won't tell him right now where his husband is, he will explode! He is fine. He is fucking fine! But what about his husband?!

Kinn sits down on a chair next to Kim's bed; he looks relaxed. Kim hates how relaxed he looks.

"Chay is in the other room. Right next to this one. He hasn't woken up yet. But he will be okay, don't worry. We got both of you here just a couple of hours ago. He just needs rest just like you do."

"He hasn't woken up yet?" Kim's voice drops low. "What do you mean that he hasn't fucking woken up yet?! I'm going to see him!"

"Kimhan, calm down! It was just too much pressure on him. He inhaled a lot of smoke. It made him tired and weak. He just needs to rest. That's all! It's not like he is in a coma or anything; he'll be fine."

"Did he tell you that he'll be fine?" Kim takes off his IV despite Kinn's protests and gets out of bed. "I'll go see him, and you prepare the car. I'm taking my husband home!"

"So you aren't even going to tell me what the hell actually happened? What did Mallori want? Kill you?"

"No, divorce Chay. That idiot really thought that I would get a divorce and marry his precious little daughter. He clearly didn't get a fucking message—one would think that cutting a finger off would be enough!"

"Well," Kinn sighs, "he definitely won't be a problem anymore..."

But Kim can't hear him anymore. He is already out of the room, frantically looking for his husband. He almost kick-opens the door to the room right next to his. He finds Porsche and Tankhun standing at the window, talking quietly while Porchay—his Porchay lays in bed. He is sleeping. He looks peaceful. Looks like there's nothing wrong with him, but Kim doesn't trust his eyes, he doesn't trust his brother or even the doctors... he needs to be told by Chay and Chay only that he is fine. That there's nothing wrong with him. That they are both fine.