His praise (1)

Your shaky breaths echoed, when you abruptly stopped singing, and head slammed onto the floor right in front of your eyes.

Slight smile spread across your face.
Your enchanting singing, your Blood Demon Art once again worked perfectly, flawlessly.
It became you who right now quickly finished with Tanjiro Kamado, boy with hanafuda earrings who had been bothering your Lord for so long.

You stood up from the ground, approaching body of demon slayer with leisurely steps. You grinned even wider observing young demon slayer with your y/c eyes.

How pathetic, you thought.

Only few minutes ago he was screaming about how he was going to send you to hell, and now his dark red-haired head is lying on the wooden floor with his eyes rolled back, the moonlight from the open shoji door shining on it.

You picked up his head by the hair and walked out into courtyard of house.
How unlucky Tanjiro Kamado had been to be sent on a mission to a place where you, the Lower Moon One was passing by.

A smile played on your face again as you looked at the lifeless eyes of boy with hanafuda earrings. You were smiling at looking at head proudly, deep in your thoughts as then... you saw him not far from you.

He was leaning against frame of gate of house, looking somewhere off up.

You felt your heart pounding furiously in your chest, and you immediately knelt down, leaving head of Kamado on ground.

"-Muzan-sama, I'm very sorry, I didn't noticed you were here too, I was just about to..." you said looking to the ground, doing your best to pretend calm.

As then you heard him approach you

"-No, Y/n, you have nothing to apologize for..." Kibutsuji spoke to you, then placing his hand on top of your head, stroking you looked up at him.
He turned his gaze to dark red-haired head lying on ground near you

"-...I didn't expect my newly appointed Lower Moon One to do this, after even the Upper Moon Three didn't handle my request..." said he, last part more quiet, as if it was said more to himself than to you, but he wouldn't actually mind you hearing it.

Kibutsuji looked away, turning his gaze deeper into the forest. You guessed that he wanted to know is sun already rising.
Then he continued

"-...Tonight there will be meeting of the Upper Moons. You must be there. Nakime will teleport you to the Infinite Castle right after sunset."

(Y/n's POV:)

And then within a second he disappeared. I exhaled a breath. I looked down and saw that Tanjiro Kamado's head was gone with him too.

I still haven't quite realised what happened. I was running through the night forest after a good dinner, and I smelled a demon fighter somewhere nearby.

I ran toward it, intending to prey on it as well, but to my surprise only to find that it was none other than Tanjiro Kamado, that boy with the hanafuda earrings that Lord had told about on recent meeting.
And so killed him easily, enchanted by my singing voice.

As then he appeared, and instead of scolding
me for acting without orders... praised me?
I couldn't remember last time he had praised anyone, let alone me.

And then moreover, telling me that I am supposed to be at the Upper Moon meeting tonight...

But I'm only a Lower Moon. So why is that? Muzan-sama is always so unpredictable...

_______________________________
(No one's POV:)

"-Does anyone even know why we're here?" Daki breathed out, looking at her long black claws for the umpteenth time.

"-No single idea. Lord hasn't told me anything." came a deep voice from not far away as the six eyes of its bearer stared into the distance of the Infinite Castle, barely illuminated by the small floor lamps.

"-I'm just sure that now the Upper Moon Four have been killed as well." said Akaza, crossing his arms.

Suddenly, a slightly pitched voice came from nearby
"-My, my, Akaza-dono, don't be so pessimistic! He's definitely ..."

In a second, short man with horns appeared next to everyone with the strumming of Biva, his eyes saying: Upper Moon Four.

"-Hantengu-dono, you're finally here!"

"-Ahhhh... I'm sorry, Douma-dono, for making you worry... I was just a little late on an assignment from the Lord..." came the whiny voice in response.

Akaza snorted and looked away.

"-Then why are we here, if everyone is alive and well?" came another hoarse voice from man with black and green hair, his eyes saying Upper Moon Five.

Suddenly the answer came
"-Oh, and what if we have someone new on contrary?"

"-Don't be ridiculous, Douma." came Akaza's voice.

"-Hmm?"

"-We haven't had any newcomers since the Edo period, so definitely not."

There was silence for a few seconds. Then the answer came.
"-Akaza-dono, want to bet? On one marechi." Douma said in conspiratorial tone.

And then Akaza slightly grinned and turned his gaze to him
"-Sure."
Douma and Akaza shook hands.

Suddenly, Biva's strumming sounded.
"-Muzan-sama has arrived" echoed in silence of the Infinite Castle, and all the Upper Moons immediately fell to their knees.

"-Greetings. Let's start our meeting." a voice came in the silence of the Infinite Castle.

"-Cut to the chase. Today, the reason I've summoned you is not ordinary."

"-Would you mind telling it us what is this, Muzan-sama?" came the voice of the Douma near demon with shoulder-length black curly hair pinned back.

"-Lift your heads and see for yourself."

Thank you for reading this chapter! If you like it, leave a comment, as it means world to me!