Night wind (22)

It must have been quite a long time, early morning, when I heard a stirring next to me. I slowly opened my eyes, turning to the other side of the futon, and saw that Douma was no longer asleep next to me, but sitting up and reading a book.
Noticing that I was awake, he immediately put it down and reached out to me

"-You finally woke up~" as he left a gentle kiss on my head.

I returned the gesture, kissing his cheek. A smile played on his face.

"-I must have tired you out, Y/n-chan, because it's almost midnight now."

I was surprised by his words, and got up from the futon, walking to the open window. Then I looked up at the sky through the dense mountain coniferous forest and my eyes slightly widened.

It was indeed a quiet midnight outside, with only the occasional sounds of forest animals and the wind.

I sighed, and moved away from the window, flopping down on the futon again to face Douma. But then I thought of something, and with a smile, I moved myself, now getting myself comfortably just on top of Douma.
His hand immediately settled on my hair, making gentle, unthinking movements that lulled me back to sleep while the other still held the book.
And then I whispered.

"-I didn't know you were so good when it comes to bed~"

I heard a soft laugh in response

"-Thank you, Y/n. You are amazing as well..." whispered back Doma, gazing into my eyes tenderly
"-There are many, many things I'm good at. And you won't know until you try, Y/n-chan~" he whispered, and then he licked his pale lips.
Warmth ran through me because I immediately realized what he meant.

I smirked him in eyes, and Douma returned the favor.
______________________________
(No one's POV:)

You were already approaching the mansion, looking at the zen garden at night and the lotus pond in the moonlight.

Finally, you opened the front door, and after entering, you closed it behind you, taking a deep breath. Then you looked up and saw Muzan and Kokushibo in the living room. You realized that you had to bow, and you did so immediately, without interrupting the conversation.

"-Yes, Muzan-sama. This situation is really disturbing. What are you going to do about it?"

"-Actually...
Ah, so you're here, Y/n." he abruptly turned his attention to you, not finishing what he wanted to say to the six-eyed man next to him.
"-You can stand up, I have a conversation to have. Kokushibo, you can go now, we'll talk later. Okay?"

"-Of course, Muzan-sama. As you say." Kokushibo bowed and disappeared.

"-How does he even do that? His Blood Demon Art is amazing." the thought ran through your mind as you stood up from your bow, following him.

Finally, the office door closed, and he sat down at the table, and you bowed next to him. The fireplace in the large room was still burning, giving off a pleasant warmth and crackling sound.

"-So, what's the matter." he said, looking at something in the drawers.
"-It turns out that the younger brother of the Pillar of Flame who was killed by Akaza not too long ago has also become a demon slayer, and in less than two months, he has risen to the Hinoto rank."

"-No way!" you, exclaimed, and immediately his eyebrows rose. You immediately realized

"-Of course, it's not that you're wrong, Muzan-sama, I mean, as far as I know, he's only a kid!"

"-I know that too, Y/n. That's why I'm telling you this. Deal with him." Muzan said, taking what he wanted out of the drawer.
"-I'm pleased with how you've served me lately, so I'm relying on you. Alright, Y/n?" his eyebrows rose slightly, giving his face a questioning expression.

"-Yes, Muzan-sama!" you said enthusiastically, but lowering your eyes. Eye contact with him always made you feel something heating inside.

Kibutsuji's face expression became calm again
"-Good." he said, his hand now gently stroking your head, and you felt goosebumps running down your back again.
"-You'll go when the sun goes down, but for now, you're going to help me with something. Come here."

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! If you enjoyed it don't forget to leave vote and comment as it means world to me! See you in next chapter!!