Assignement (23)

(Y/n's POV:)
Immediately, he got up from the table, approaching bookshelves next to it, and I followed him.

I've always wondered how many books there were in this place. It must be at least a good few thousand, I thought to myself as I looked at the shelves that reached the ceiling.

"-You see that shelf over there? I'll take out books, and you put them on the table."

"-Mhm!" I nodded immediately.

"-Good." he said, and he walked over to a small ladder and climbed up it.

I turned my gaze to the curtained window: it smelled warm and I could hear the sound of barely audible birds, so I realized that the sun had already risen outside.

And then I heard a voice that made me turn around again
"-Here, Y/n."

I immediately went to the ladder and took the stack of books from his hands.

"The rarest Plants of Japan"

was written on the cover. I put the stack on the table, and immediately went to him for a new one.

"-Mhm... Why do we have to go through all these books?" though I to myself.

"-What do you say?" I heard immediately voice that immediately turned my attention again. From dissatisfied expression of beautiful pale face in front of me, it was clear that he seemed to have heard all my thoughts.

"-Nothing, Muzan-sama!..." I smiled, trying to hide the rapid heartbeat.
_______________________________
Finally, the sun set, and I walked through the fresh mountain forest, leaving behind the gate of the estate, the path to which was lit by floor lamps.

I breathed in piney air, listening to the occasional owl hoot and rustle of leaves, and I walked on and on, in light of the moon, which rose above the tallest trees, giving me a view of my path.

Although I did not know exactly to where this path was. Lord had not given me any precise directions as to where brother of former Flame Hashira might be. All I knew was that boy was on another mission somewhere in the forests, looking for the demon he was assigned to kill.

The only thing that could help me find him was the smell of  Records of Flame Pillars. Each page, written by different generations of Hashira over the centuries, had a slightly different scent, but nevertheless, one strong, fresh smell dominated. And I could only hope that it was the smell of the one I needed.

"-And why did you suddenly want to become demon slayer, you little...hhuh..." I whispered I to myself, not noticing any particular desire to look for Rengoku Shijuro's youngest son, the former Flame Pillar.

I thought that I didn't want to run into him before I found his son, to be honest: Kokushibo had once told me that he was one of the greatest Hashira of the late Edo period.

But I tried not to think about it, and just walked on and on through the night forest, trying to figure out where I could find him.

I kept walking and walking, passing tall spruce and pine trees, mountain lakes that came my way, and beautiful views of the lowlands from the mountain.
Then, after a while, I stopped for a bit to catch my breath, and looking around, I saw a sparkle in the trees.

I immediately realized that it was a river. Its shine was always different, especially in the light of the moon. It was then that I realised how thirsty I was. So, without thinking much, I quickly approached the river and began to drink the pure clear water, thinking to myself, hundred of thoughts swarming in my head

"-How do I even know where he is?..." I thought, drinking fresh water.
"-I don't even know what he looks like."

I looked up at the moon again: it was shining calmly in the sky, giving a pleasant glow to the mountain water.

"-You are so beautiful...May you help me, Moon?..." I thought, looking at the shining haze. I smiled. I always liked to look at the moon, and now it was a new night, so it was shining especially beautifully.

"-Lord must like a lot you too, since he named his 12 Strongest Demons  as the Demons of the Twelve Moons... How beautiful..." I smiled again.
"-Muzan-sama, you are truly magnificent..."

I was about to leave when I heard a sound in the distance. I listened to it. It sounded like a boy of about 11 years yelling at someone, his voice breaking. I exhaled a sigh of relief.

"-What is a little boy like you doing in the woods at night? And how you still didn't even got eaten by demons?"

I took a deep breath, and all of sudden then my eyes flew open.

"-Theres no way.."

I inhaled deeply again, smelling again.
"-No, there's no mistake here..."

Because if my hunch was correct, right next to me was the same smell I had smelled on records of Flame Hashira. The smell of the one I was looking for.

I immediately jumped up, soaking my clothes in the river water, and ran headlong in that direction.

If you like this chapter don't forget to leave a vote and comment so more people will be able to read it! Love y'all so so much!!!