New task (9)

"-Uh, we went out together a little bit today, so I probably still smell like him, that's all!" you quickly said, trying not to replay last night in your mind in case he read your thoughts.

"-Alright then. You can go."

"-Yes Muzan-sama! " you said quickly, and left the room, closing the door behind you.

You walked down the hallway to your room, thinking about how you had just almost given yourself away with Douma.
"-I wonder what he would have done if he had guessed about everything?"

you shivered
"-But no no on the contrary, it's not interesting at all..." you thought as you walked back to your room.
When you finally opened the door to your room, you deeply exhaled. Then, all you had the energy to do after all the experiences of the day was to take off your hair pins, change into your sleeping and flop down on your large futon with y/c soft and silky bed linen.
After that, it probably took you, you assumed, less than a minute to fall asleep.

_______________________________
It must have been a long time since you slowly opened your eyes sleepily and stretched out on your large soft futon.
Because the thick curtains that kept the light out of the room were no longer feeling warm, it meant that the sun had already set, you understood.
You quickly opened them up, and went out onto the your balcony. You smelled odour of pine needles of forest. Indeed, the sun had already set, it would be night soon.
A cool breeze blew in, ruffling your silky y/c hair. You looked down at yard of this large estate.

And who could you see down there? Akaza who was practicing, again, without his shirt on. Perhaps he wanted you to see him like that, who knows, you smirked.

"-And yet, he's super hot like this~" you thought to yourself, looking at Upper Moon Three.

Probably noticing your gaze on him, he turned in your direction, looking at you.

"-Good night, Akaza!" you said loudly, blowing him air kiss, and slightly waving him after.

"-Good night" he replied dryly, turning back to his training, as if he wasn't interested in talking to you, at moment at least. But, in real, of course it was easy to read that he was.

But it was you who weren't really that interested in talking to him right now, because you had an assignment from Kibutsuji for today, so you just walked back into the room.

You got cleaned up, dressed in your favorite
practical outfit, and after a little stretching to tone up your muscles, you left your room and headed downstairs. As you walked down the stairs, you heard a deep familiar voice

"-Good night, Y/n"

You turned around to face its bearer and realized it was Kokushibo. He was sitting in the downstairs living room, on the tatami floor, next to shoji doors to zen garden, and, you realised, meditating. But he seemed to notice you even so.

"-Good night, Kokushibo."

"-On an assignment?" he said, turning his six eyes toward you.

"-Yes, that's right."

Upper Moon One was quiet for a second
"-...Good luck then, Y/n." he said just as coldly.

"-Thank you." you replied, and left the house.

"-Hm...unsual..." you thought to yourself.
"-Kokushibo is not usually a man of many words, but for some reason he is interested in me...I wonder why." thoughts echoed in your head as you walked along the path with beautiful floor lamps leading to the big gate.

Not even a minute later, you were out of the gate and running through the woods.

_______________________________
Apparently, although Y/n as the Upper Moon runs fast, it took a long time for her to see a familiar building not far away.
The Butterfly estate.
How did Y/n know that? It's simple-
in her human life she had childhood friend. He was an orphan boy, who then, became a demon slayer at 14. When he was injured, you came here to visit him, and sometimes you would just walk by and say hello to Kocho family and bring them some treats. But unfortunately, he got killed by a demon so you kept going there only yourself.

You even made a little friendship with girl who became after years the Flower Hashira, until... you giggled... Upper Moon Two had a hand in it, of course.

And unbeknownst to you, Muzan knew this, and that's why he sent exactly you here.

"-Well, here I am" you chuckled to yourself, a little out of breath because of running, and walked closer to night estate.

Thank you very much for reading this chapter! Stay safe babes, see you in next chapter!!!