Golden hairpins (37)

"-Hhuh..." you muttered, almost stepping into another puddle.

You were not happy about the prospect of getting your beautiful new kimono wet again, which had barely had time to dry in Akaza's dojo.

But then you remembered that if it weren't for the clouds, you would have been already burned by the sun, so you gritted your teeth and continued to walk carefully along the path to the mansion door, avoiding the puddles with great leaps.

You had already entered the porch, and you were about to reach the door when you felt a familiar presence approaching quickly. Before you could react, the door swung open and Daki ran at you, enveloping you in a tight hug.

"-Y/n!"

"-Daki!" you hugged her back.

After of couple more seconds of hugging, she finally let go of you, and you went inside.

______________________________
(Y/n's POV:)

An hour later, I was sitting on a futon in Daki's bedroom, already warmed up and bathed, while she knelt over me from behind, doing my hair with pins.

The room was a little dark because of the thick dark clouds, so she lit many different candles, which gave off a pleasant floral scent and a pleasant warmth.

"-Y/n, give me a comb!" she said, reaching for it, but still not getting it.

"-Of course!" I immediately reached for the beautiful golden thing on the futon and handed it to her.

"-Thank you." she smiled, holding my head again so I wouldn't move and gently combing a strand of hair she hadn't pinned up yet.

And I kept looking out the half-curtained window, watching the forest trees move slowly in the strong wind.

Then my eyes fell again on the candles placed around the room. They smelled so good, gave off such a pleasant odour... that they almost made me sleepy after this stormy night.

"-That's it! "she exclaimed happily, and pulled away from me. She seemed satisfied with what she had done.

Then a thought rushed through my head

"-Daki"

"-What's wrong, Y/n?" she asked, not taking her eyes off my hair.

"-Once when Muzan-sama gave me his blood, he told me to drink it just from his wrist..."

She remained silent, but I felt her aura change slightly. I couldn't put my finger on it.

"-...but after a few minutes of me doing it, he hissed, pulled away, and demanded me to go to my room."

I turned to meet her eyes.
"-Why do you it could be?..." I asked her.

But Daki remained silent, not breaking eye contact. It might have seemed that nothing had changed in her sparkling emerald eyes, but something had. And for some reason, her heart was beating slightly quicker...

"-Y/n..." she said to me, and then the shoji door swung open.

Gyutaro appeared in the doorway.

"-Daki, lord wants to see you."

She immediately looked up at him, and her face took on a displeased look

"-I'm coming."

______________________________

A few minutes later, I walked into my room, closing the shoji door behind me, the thought of Daki's expression still in my mind.

"-Was there really something to that question?" I thought to myself.

"-I was just asking why Muzan-sama..." I yawned.
"-Why did Muzan-sama, after letting me to dr..."

Suddenly my eyes widened as my hand quickly covered my mouth, but not from yawning this time.

Then it was when realization hit me.

I-...on my knees, my lord-...giving me his blood straight from his wrist...then hissed sharply and told me to go back to my room?

Muzan-sama never allowed anyone to drink his precious blood like this.

The context was asking for it.

And I told Daki just like that...

I slid down the wall, trying to keep all thoughts of what Daki might have thought at bay.

And then Muzan-sama called her so suddenly...

What if he heard our conversation?

I stood up and walked to the open balcony, covering my eyes with my hands and breathing deeply, trying to calm myself.

And then I heard a knock and the shoji of the door, which snapped me out of my thoughts

"-Y/n-chan! ~ Can I come in?"

Thank you for reading this chapter! If you enjoyed it don't forget to vote and leave comment so more people will be able to read it! Love you all so much!