Late night talk (8)

I opened the door and walked into the room.
He was sitting in a large armchair with his leg over the side, looking at something in a stack of books on the nightstand next to him.
I immediately bowed low.

"-Good night, Muzan-sama. Or should I already say good morning...?" I tried to smile, feeling my heart pounding.

"-You can get up. Come here, I need your help with something."

"-Yes, my Lord."
I quickly moved closer, looking down.

"-Y/n, get me that stack of papers in the corner of the fifth shelf, see?" he pointed to a large bookcase that went all the way to the ceiling.

"-Okay, right away!" I quickly obeyed, and quickly went to the shelves of the bookcase, got up on my tiptoes, took out the stack, and then quickly returned to him.
I bowed again, handing him these

"-Here they are, Muzan-sama." I looked at him involuntarily. In light of candles lit up around room I saw his hair was pinned back, with a few strands peeking out.

"-He's been loving this hairstyle lately..." I smiled. As then he suddenly looked up at me, making eye contact.
My heart instantly started pounding, and I immediately realized my mistake and quickly looked down.
But to my surprise, he was not angry at me for this.

"-Thanks." he said calmly, taking the stack from my hands and patting me on the head with his other hand, and I smiled involuntarily, feeling my heart speed up a little.

And then he patted his knee, not looking up from the notebooks.

(No one's POV:)

Y/n quickly understood his gesture, and knelt down and sat near him, resting her palms and head on his thigh.

Almost immediately, she felt Muzan's hand land on her head, and felt herself melt into his touch, the warmth spreading all over her body.

His touch... Y/n never managed to get used to it. It was unlike anything else... Immediately she felt her insides shrink, as if a butterfly wanted to escape, and her cheeks were filled with warmth.

"-Look at this" he poked at one of the notebooks in the pile with his free hand, drawing her attention.

"-This stack is the records of Pillars throughout time. Every Hashira family has had them since ancient times, and passed them down from generation to generation. From the moment I found out that these records existed, I wondered if they contained something I was interested in..."

______________________________
He told Y/n about these recordings for a long time, and she patiently listened to him, feeling goosebumps on her back every time he stroked her hair

"-...By the way, I have all of them except one. Of the Flower Hashira. And your next assignment, Y/n..." abruptly she felt Muzan's hand slide off her head, finger propped her chin up.

"-...will be to bring it for me. Understood?" Muzan raised his eyebrows slightly, his face taking on a questioning expression.

Y/n's face flushed crimson
"-I understood, my Lord, of course."

His expression immediately softened

"-Great." Kibutsuji said in a calm tone, smiling slightly into her y/c eyes.

"-I like those who serve me well. And those who do so always get their reward." His hand came up to Y/n's cheek, his thumb gently caressing it.

"-If you do well, you'll get yours too, Upper Moon Six. I'm counting on you." he said, looking calmly Y/n in the eye.
Though for her, his crimson red-eyed gaze felt like it was piercing into her soul, as Kibutsuji gently stroked her cheek.

Y/n immediately felt as if everything inside her was boiling, and her lower body began to heat up, as she felt his hand sliding slightly lower, to her exposed neck...

But she quickly caught herself and nodded
"-Y-yes... Muzan-sama!"

Kibutsuji must have read Y/n's mind, because he quietly chuckled, and removed his hand from her throbbing face.

"-You can go now, I have things to do soon." Muzan said in a calm tone. Y/n immediately stood up, bowed, and walked to the door. In turn, he stood up and went to his bookcase.

Y/n was about to leave when she suddenly heard his voice

"-And by the way, why do you smell very much like Douma today?"

Thank you for reading this chapter!
If you like it leave a comment as it means world to me!
Sending love to y'all!!!