Little obstacle (11)

"-Halt! Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

The girl, a tsuguko, who had just been sleeping in her futon, must have heard the rustling of the drawer and woke up.
And the look she gave me was not that of an ordinary young girl after sleep. She looked ready to fight, even though she didn't have a blade at her side.
"-Are you going to continue silent?" she said sharply again, catching my attention.
I laughed.
"-Why would I tell you anything?" I looked at her, making eye contact.
Then her eyes widened and she dug her hands into the blanket.
"-It looks like she finally got it..." I smiled to myself as she kept her eyes on me.

"-Upper Moon Six...what do you want from me!" she said, feigning unwavering confidence. Although I could see that her thin hands were shaking slightly.

"-Why would I answer you? Besides, I already got everything I needed." I giggled at her.

I was already climbing up to the window, about to leave, when I felt her jump out of bed with lightning speed.
I turned around and couldn't believe my eyes. She already had a blade in her hand.
But when did she do it?
The girl had almost stabbed me, but I quickly dodged it and started to act.
"-Blood Demon Art: Song of the Moon. Blood Demon Art: Enchanting symmetry." I whispered.

And immediately began humming my simple melody. Instantly, the girl stiffened and dropped her blade to the floor, making it ring, and glued her mesmerized eyes to me, unable to make a move while I sang.

At the same second, a whirlwind came out of nowhere, heading straight for her, ready to cut her to pieces, but then as I hurriedly jumped out of the window with the records of Hashira, my eyes abruptly widened. Somehow, she managed to dodge, so my Blood Demon Art only grazed her throat a little.
"-Well, at least she won't chatter for a while..." I thought, running further into the dense pine forest.

(No one's POV:)

"-...Kanao-sama! We heard something clinking in your room and ran right over here! What happ..."

"-Oh Gods, you're injured, Kanao-sama! But how?! Who did this to you?!
Ahhh, what a nightmare!
Kanao-sama, what happened to you?!"

"-Yukino, you better get some water and cloths to dab the wound quickly! It's not that deep, but if we don't hurry, it's going to bleed out a lot!!!"

_______________________________

You walked into the mansion, closed the door behind you, and took a deep breath, smiling. You could not wait to give him what he had ordered you to do. But as you walked down the hall, to your surprise... you did not feel Muzan's presence.
And even when you got very close to his office room, nothing changed. You sighed. And then you were interrupted by a familiar voice

"-You're looking for him?" came Kokushibo's voice. He came out of the living room and seemed to be going upstairs to his room.

"-Yes, why? " you answered.
"-One second, has Kokushibo been meditating in the living room all this time? Insane patience..."

"-Muzan-sama is gone somewhere now. He didn't say where."
You took a deep breath. You really wanted Muzan to praise you and tell you how hard you tried on the assignment, but he wasn't even there. Kokushibo seemed to notice that

"-What's wrong?" he asked you.

"-No, everything is fine. I just got upset that  I can't report to him about my assignment now." you said, looking out the window.
You expected that Upper Moon One, having heard your short answer, would simply go back to his room, but then you heard something you hadn't expected

"-If you get bored, you can come to me. Maybe we can play chess. If you want." Kokushibo calmly said, and then continued to go upstairs.

You froze for a few seconds, thinking about what you had just heard
"-What? That doesn't sound like Kokushibo at all..." you thought.
It was only when you heard a room door close on the second floor that you snapped back out of your thoughts and went to your room.

When you got into your room and closed the door, you were surprised to feel a strange surge of energy. You wondered why. So you decided to change your clothes and go to Kokushibo.

Why? Probably because you had never heard anything like this from Upper Moon One before. Usually he seemed to be a rather cold and taciturn person, but then he invited you to his room?
To tell you the truth, you actually found him quite handsome, since the day you met Upper Moons and became one of them. Even his six eyes, you thought, had their own special charm on him. You wanted to make friends with him. Or even not only friends...
And anyways, you were also curious to know what that thing...chess was all about.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! If you like it, leave a comment as it means world to me!!!