MOVE-IN DAY

Narrator

It was move in day for all the out of state and international students attending NYU Tisch.

One of the top performing arts schools in the world.

Everyone was getting excited and getting ready to meet their new roommates, but for Haerin and Minji....

It was stressful.

Both Haerin and Minji were frustrated to have found out that they would both be attending the same university.

Back in Seoul, Minji and Haerin were in constant competition with each other for a spot in entertainment companies, music videos, dramas, and so on. However, neither of them would get chosen due to nepo babies always taking the spots.

This rivalry wasn't something they asked for, it was just the situation they always found themselves in, but as they got older they really did start to see each other as rivals.

- Minji POV -

I was so annoyed to have seen that kid, Kang Haerin, during orientation. I had been in constant competition with her back at home and now I'm in a whole new country and I still can't get away from her.

I couldn't even understand how she got into this Top University.

I had attended Hamlin Arts High School back at home, my parents were pretty wealthy, and I was talented beyond the average student.

Haerin on the other hand....

I didn't even know what her talent really was.

"Calm down, Minji!" I breathed out.

"It's a new place, new country, and all new opportunities!" I kept breathing to calm myself.

I was actually really really excited to finally be attending one of my dream universities. So, I wasn't going to let something that I had no control over get in my head.

"Welcome!!" Campus workers greeted as I rolled my luggage through the university hall.

"Thank you," I would reply as I bowed my head out of habit.

After a few minutes of being lost and trying to figure out where I was even supposed to be going to, I found myself standing in front of the door to my school apartment.

I was lucky enough that my parents could afford an on campus apartment. I was so excited to have my own place and not have to struggle with the traditional dorm life.

I was so giddy but still, I slowly opened the door to my apartment and looked around for a bit before stepping in.

The dorm was nothing special.

It was the typical stuff you'd see on TV when it came to compact housing in New York City, but still...

It was all to myself....

Or so I thought.

- Haerin POV -

I felt really nervous and anxious about being in a new country and a completely different environment in general.

I was really excited for the new opportunity, but I didn't really feel like would fit into this new school.

The only reason I even got into this Top University in the first place was because of my dance skills.

Other than that, I had nothing going for me.

"Oh, thank god!" I sighed of relieve when I walked into my new dorm apartment.

I was so glad that no one had moved in yet.

I would just get to chose a room, unpack, and hide from everyone else that would be moving in.

That until, I walked into one of the rooms to see which room I was pick and started to hear noises.

"YEEAP!" I squealed to myself, getting a little startled.

I placed my things on the bed of the room I had entered and slowly made my way to see if anyone had entered the dorm and to my surprise....

Minji sunbaenim had walked in.

I felt a little relieved to see a familiar face.

"Hi!" I shyly greeted with a small bow.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" Sunbaenim politely replied with a head bow.

"I'm a new student here!" I nervously responded.

I felt a little pressure from being in a highly competitive school with Minji, but I was alway in constant competition with her so I didn't mind much.

"Is this not a singles apartment?" Sunbae asked.

I shook my head 'no'.

Minji didn't seemed to pleased about it but she just shrugged and asked... "did you pick a room?" 

"Mhm," I responded.

"Alright, well I'll go and get settled!" Sunbae awkwardly responded before walking towards the  only empty bedroom.

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Book inspired by tuvuks