BAD MORNING

Narrator

While Haerin was having a rather confusing morning, Minji was slightly annoyed at her seat partner.

- Minji POV -

I had walked into class a bit early and the only other person there was some girl named Danielle.

"You're in the drama department too?" The girl asked.

"Yes," I politely answered.

Danielle had introduced herself then started bombarding me with questions. It would have been fine, if it wasn't for me having a bad morning as it was.

Beside waking up in a bad mood, I had to wake up Haerin and be late for my first class.

"You seem like you're upset!" Danielle suddenly exclaimed.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

I sighed in annoyance and without realizing...

I just went off.... "Because! I'm in this new country, with the person I've been wanting to get away from for years, and now I'm stuck here without a way out unless I want to give up my dreams!!!"

Danielle just looked at me as if I was saying nonsense.

I then realized...

I had just exploded on her in Korean.

"It's okay," Dani suddenly responded in Korean.

I was shook.

"Moving to a new country is very stressful and getting settled is hard. So, if you want some help just ask," Danielle kindly offered.

I felt pretty relieved by her gesture.

It wasn't that I felt more comfortable with Korean.

Maybe it was...

But I felt like it was a mix of the Korean language and Dani's positive attitude.

In no time,

The shit morning I was having had ended.

My first class had started and gone by.

I exited my class all relaxed and relieved, until...

I noticed Kang Haerin.

"Oh my lord," I sighed to myself

"Hanni!" Danielle exclaimed and ran up to some girl Haerin seemed to be near by.

"Dani!!!" The girl yelled back.

Dani and her friend hugged for a bit, before Dani's friend grabbed Haerin's arm and started to introduce Dani to her.

"This is Kang Haerin!" The girl named Hanni exclaimed.

I took a deep breath as I watched what was going on.

I didn't know if I should interrupt or stop giving a fuck about Haerin's dilemmas.

Unfortunately....

My morals won.

"Okay, this is my friend from Korea and she doesn't speak English!" I stepped up grab Haerin's wrist.

"It's okay," Haerin mumble to me once I grabbed her arm.

I got annoyed at her dismissiveness and interlocked my hand with hers to make it clear that she couldn't just get rid of me.

"See you later," I told Hanni and Dani before dragging Haerin with me.

I dragged Haerin all the way to our second class, knowing we had the same class...

But when we got there...

We both seemed to be hypnotized by the person in the lecture hall.

"Everybody knows my name now
But somethin' 'bout it still feels strange

Like lookin' in a mirror,
tryna steady yourself
And seein' somebody else
And everything is not the same now
It feels like all our lives have changed

Maybe when I'm older, it'll all calm down
But it's killin' me now.....,"

Someone was playing the piano and singing to themselves.

For some reason. I felt something weak inside of me as the person played.

I could feel Haerin squeeze my hand as hard as she could and I squeezed back.... uncertain of what was going on...

"What if you had it all
But nobody to call?
Maybe then you'd know me
'Cause I've had everything

But no one's listening
And that's just lonely...."

The person on piano suddenly got up and walked toward us...

Or maybe towards the seats.

Whatever it was, the person in front of us just asked... "foreigners?"... and we nodded in response.

The unknown person just seemed to take deep breath and walked over to a random seat, all the way in the back on the class, and just waited for class to start.

"Unnie, they seem weird....," Haerin suddenly whispered to me.

I furrowed my brows at the sudden title.

"Unnie?" I asked.

"Okay, Class! Welcome!!!!" The Professor suddenly walked in.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Sorry, can't leave Y/n out of the story so you'll see a messy character that doesn't make sense and is possibly the villain 0.ㅇ