NEVERMIND

Narrator

Minji and Haerin had been waiting around about Haerin's feelings.

While Minji was sure of things and wanted to be sure of everything else, Haerin wasn't able to give her that security.

Minji was pushing boundaries that shouldn't be pushed when it came to figuring yourself out or your sexuality or identity or just your own life in general.

- Haerin POV -

"Ookkaay, we're starting finals for vocals class today!" The instructor announced as he walked into the class.

Vocals wasn't a class I cared about, most people didn't, but it was the only class that overlapped me, Minji, Hanni,Hyein  and Danielle.

It was odd,

But none of us associate in the class.

I think it had something to do with all the feelings around us.

Of course, Hyein was just a bit on her own but the rest of us were a bit cautious of our behavior.

"Haerin Kang, you're up first!" The instructor announced.

I was frozen.

I was in shock.

The whole arts and multimedia department was having end of the year finals before everyone else.

It was so nerve wrecking.

It didn't even feel like whole school year had gone by.

"Fighting," Hyein suddenly whispered to me with her fist up.

I nodded at her a bit nervously and grabbed mic that the professor was holding in front of me. I took a deep breath and let it out.

I hadn't prepared much, I had been distracted with Minji and my feelings and the girls and kid and the new apartment and food and cats and what if the earth doesn't spin and so on...

"Go on," Minji suddenly nudged me.

I nodded in a bit of stress and walked up to the center of the class.

"What song are you doing?" The professor asked.

"Nev-never mind by- by Jayde," I awkwardly responded.

The instrumentals suddenly started playing and I started to get nervous.

"Twenty-one, losing my mind.... I...
Think I could see my whole life with you
But do I really want to?"

I sang the lyrics as best as I could, in my own pitch and tone.

Suddenly, I could see Minji's eyes light up.

I wasn't sure if she liked my vocals or if she just got the same sudden relatively of the lyrics.

"I get selfish
I can't help it
Start to question if I felt it
Indecisive, make my mind up for me,"

I kept singing the lyrics...

As if...,

It was words I had been wanting to tell Minji.

The song soon started to sink in and I remembered why I had chosen this song as my finals song.

"I wish that you would fuck me over
I wish that you would ruin my life
But then we get a little bit closer
And you got me thinking nevermind,"