COMPLICATED

Narrator

After the night at the admissions center, Minji and Kid had become very close to each other.

It was a very friendly and wholesome friendship, but a particular someone...

Seemed to be struggling with it.

- Haerin POV -

Minji unnie and Kid had been spending a lot of time together.

It was to the point where I didn't know what to think of their relationship...

And when I asked Minji about it, she would just say... "We both get something out of it. So, don't worry. I know how to handle myself."

That answer always bothered me.

It made me so upset to think that Kid had somehow roped Minji into something weird.

"Ahhh! You're here!!" Minji unnie exclaimed as we walked into our dance studio.

Kid was already in class, stretching.

"Are you ready?" Kid gave Minji a big smile.

"What are your intentions?" I thought to myself.

It had been two months into school and I had learned a few things about western people.

I had learned that they're not as honest or as straightforward as Korean people...

Or even that they weren't as educated as us.

"Yeah!!" Miji unnie giggled as she grabbed Kid's hand.

The pair started stretching together.

I wasn't sure why, but it really bothered me.

Suddenly, Kid and Minji started dancing together and I felt myself start to get really angry.

"What's wrong?" Dani unnie asked, coming out of nowhere.

Danielle and I had gotten very close in the last two months.

I had learnt that she lived in South Korea 70% of her life. So, she was more of a Korean person than a foreigner.

"Okay, class! If you'd like to share something, please come center stage!" Our instructor suddenly entered the class.

Kid and Minji were the only ones to step up to the center of the studio.

"Haerin-ah, are you okay?" Dani asked again as she grabbed a hold of my fist.

I didn't even realize that I was clenching my fists. Until she grabbed a hold of them.

"Alright, Ms. Kim, Kid. Let's see what you got!" The teacher told the pair.

Kid walked over to set up the speakers as Minji unnie got in position.

Suddenly, "Feather" by Sabrina Carpenter started playing and the pair started dancing.

I watched as they danced their choreography.

Everything was fine.

I was actually really impressed by Minji's skills.

Like I always was.

But halfway through the choreography, their dance suddenly turned into a partner dance and Kid grabbed Minji's hips.

"WOOOOAHHHH!!" The whole class yelled.

"Wow, they're actually really good together!" Dani unnie leaned in to whispered to me.