ASK HER

Narrator

"If I even see one scratch on my baby, I will kill you," Kid groggily told Minji as they hanged their car keys in front of her.

Minji just stared at Kid nervously and nodded.

Before Minji knew it, Kid tossed her the keys to their car and sleepily walked away.

- Minji POV -

I was nervous about the day to come.

I was on "making things up with Haerin" mode, so I called Kid at like 5 in the morning to let me borrow their car.

"You're gonna ask her?!?" Kid exclaimed as I explained why I needed the car.

"What?! No. I'm just gonna take her on a friendly date!" I panicked at even just the thought of asking Haerin to be my girlfriend.

"Besides, I really don't think Haerin remembers anything that happened last night," I sighed out.

"Well, I think you should ask her but sure whatever. Let me get the keys," Kid responded in disappointment.

As much as Kid annoyed me with just about everything they did....

I felt really grateful to have a friend who's constantly doing what they can to help me get closer to Haerin.

"Where did you go so early in the morning?" Haerin groggily asked as I walked back into our dorm.

"Umm.... just went to run an errand," I gave her a soft smile.

"But, why are you up? It's too early. Go back to bed!" I chuckled out as I grabbed Haerin's hand to take her back to her room.

Haerin groaned and dragged her feet across the dorm, looking like a little kid who was being forced to do something they didn't want to.

"Umm, Minji?" Haerin suddenly mumbled.

"Yeah?" I whispered.

"How did I get in bed last night? I don't remember," she shyly asked.

I silent chuckled to myself, "I knew she wouldn't remember."

Haerin seemed way too tired last night to even know what she was doing.

"I carried you to bed," I said in a cold tone... just to tease her...

"What?! Why?" Haerin exclaimed in a panic.

"You were falling asleep on me and I didn't like it. So, I picked you up and carried you to bed... but then you refused to let me go and asked me to get in bed with you," I kept on teasing her with a cold look and my arms crossed.

"What? Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Haerin cutely pouted in embarrassment.

"It's okay. You can make it up to me by going on a date with me," I smirked.

I didn't even realize what words had just come out of my mouth, until Haerin's eyes went wide and she backed away from me.

"D-d-date?"she stuttered.

"Yeah, like a friend date!" I gave her a smile to calm her down.

I was startling to see that Haerin maybe really was a bit weirded out about all the dating a friend stuff.

It sort of broke my heart a bit.

"Umm, okay... but only because I feel bad that I caused you so much trouble last night," Haerin shyly mumbled.

Her cheeks were all red and she seemed really shy, but her whole demeanor seemed a bit uncomfortable.

"We don't have to. It's fine if you don't want to!" I chuckled out of nervousness.