MAJOR & MINOR

Narrator

"This might be contemporary dance, but I want to see different styles in my class. You're not a good dancer if you're not flexible with your dances!" The instructor told the class as everyone got ready to leave.

Contemporary dance seemed like a good competitive class.

Everyone had different styles, were flexible, and had a good sense of rhythm.

- Minji POV -

I was actually pleasantly surprised by Haerin's contemporary dance class.

"Maybe dance would come in handy in my career," I thought to myself.

Danielle and Haerin had gathered their things and I headed down to meet them.

"What did you think of the class?" Haerin shyly asked.

"It was good. You're a good dancer," I gave her a smile.

It was true.

Haerin was always a great dancer.

It was one of the things that made me jealous of her.... since dancing wasn't really one of my strengths...

"Kid, did you wanna come over to our dorm tonight?" Dani suddenly asked Kid before they could fully leave the dance studio.

"Umm, I can't right. I have to go do something, but I can stop by after," Kid turned to answer.

"Yeah, okay!" Dani exclaimed and Kid went on their way.

"Well, I gotta go back to the U-Hall dormitory so I'll see you girls later," Dani started to wave us goodbye.

"Oh, that's where we live too!" Haerin suddenly got excited.

"How nice! Should we walk back together?" Dani started to get excited too.

"Let's go, Unnie!" Haerin turned to grab my wrist.

I panicked a bit by her sudden touch and snatched my wrist from her.

"Ummm..., you two go ahead. I have something I need to do," I nervously responded.

Haerin looked at me a bit confused but soon replied, "Okay".

Danielle and Haerin then waved me goodbye and stayed behind to talk to the teacher.

"Umm, Ms. Davis, how would I go about joining you class?" I nervously asked the teacher.

I really didn't know what I was doing, but, after watching Haerin's dance class today,  I was really interested in the dance program.

"Oh, did you enjoy the class that much?" Ms. Davis stopped what she was doing to give me her attention.

"Yes. I'm in the Drama Department and im starting to think that minoring in dance wouldn't be a bad idea," I answered her honestly.

"Ah, yes! Many of the students in the Drama department minor in dance or take vocal lessons through the school," The teacher responded.

"Ahh, okay!" I answered awkwardly, not knowing what else to say.

"Tell you what, if you wanna join my class. I'll give you one of my class acceptance letters. Just take it to your academic counselor and have them add you to my class. How's that sound?" Ms. Davis kindly offered.

I nodded excitedly and waited as Ms. Davis started going through her purse.

"Am I really doing this?" I thought to myself.