FRENEMIES

Narrator

Kid had gotten the feeling that Haerin and Minji were fighting about something and it was coming between their friendship.

Little did Kid know,

The girls didn't even consider each other friends.

But without even knowing, Kid actually helped them get become friends.

Sorta.

- Minji POV -

I was annoyed at Kid's actions.

First Kid calls me Haerin's girlfriend. Then they ditch us in an attempt to make us bond or something.

"I'm sorry about last night," Haerin suddenly pulled me out of my thoughts.

"I didn't mean to talk about you behind your back. I was just answering Hyein's question," Haerin explained as she looked down at her coffee cup.

The sad expression on her face was breaking my heart.

I wasn't actually planning on talking things out with Haerin like Kid wanted.... I just wanted... to protect her.

"I wasn't upset about that," I sighed out in defeat.

It seemed like Kid's little scheme was working.

"I was upset that you don't consider me your friend," I started to get in a low mood myself.

"Are we? You don't seem to like me very much," Haerin started to sniffle.

"No, no, no. Don't make her cry, you idiot!" I scolded myself.

I took a deep breath and decided to just let it all out on the table.

"It's not that I don't like you. It's just that....," I sighed, knowing I was about to sound like a complete jerk.

"You're good at everything I'm not, you're extremely pretty, you get good grades, you got this charm about you that has caused me endless auditions and competitions.... ugh... and... just when I thought I was done living in your shadow.... you end up going to the same performance arts school as me....!" I ended getting agitated towards the end of my explanation.

All I could see was Haerin start to giggle.

I took a deep breath to try to calm myself down, but it wasn't really working.

That's until Haerin said.... "I feel the exact same way about you."

Haerin finally decided to look up and meet my eyes, causing my breathing to slow down.

"I've always hated being in your shadow. You're everything I'm not. You're good with people, you speak like 4 languages, you're extremely gorgeous, you're good at everything, and it's like every time you walk into a room... everyone just stops and stares.... I've always hated you for it. I hardly had a shot at anything when you were in the room," Haerin explained herself...

But unlike me, Haerin was smiling the whole time.

"But all that jealousy and bad feelings went away on our first day here," Haerin eyes seemed to start sparkling a little.

It felt like I was even playing attention to what she was saying anything.

Her smile had me in some sort of trance.

"You were so nice to me, even though you didn't have to be. You bought me food and helped me get to my first class. I probably would have gotten lost and possibly starved, if it wasn't for you," Haerin gave me a cute smile.