TOO LATE

Narrator

Hanni had taken Minji to a fancy sushi dinner.

Minji was actually really enjoying herself.

After a week of hurting herself to appease Haerin's turbulent feelings, having a lovely dinner with someone who could match her energy was just what she needed.

- Kid POV -

I was talking to a friend about an upcoming project in one of my classes, when I suddenly started to see people stare in a certain direction.

I turned around to see what the hell people were being so nosey about and my jaw dropped.

Minji and Hanni were kissing.

I looked around in bit shocked but annoyed at how some people were just staring...

But one particular person caught my eye.

It was Haerin.

Haerin was standing in front of the dorm hall, looking like she was about to cry.

I waved my friend goodbye and made my way towards Haerin.

She looked frozen.

She couldn't take her eyes off from the sight in front of her.

- Haerin POV -

I didn't have the strength to look away.

I watched as Hanni and Minji's lips  moved in sync with each others, as if it's what they had been wanting to for a long time.

"I took too long. I was too late," I thought to myself.

I wanted to take a step.

Just one step to gain the courage to walk away, but I couldn't....

Suddenly, I felt myself being snatched by my arm.

"Hey!!" I whined out as I got pulled out of my trance.

"You don't need to see that," a cold voice responded.

I looked up to see who the person was and it was Kid.

Before I knew it, Kid had thrown me in their car and angrily started up the car.

"I take it you did something? That's why Minji is out there giving Hanni a chance now?" Kid asked, seemingly very upset.

"I kissed her," I mumbled a bit ashamed.

Kid abruptly stopped the car at a red light, scaring me.

Out of instinct, I reached over to grab the driver's hand...., realizing.... it wasn't Minji.

"You what?!?" Kid asked.

"Wait, are you two dating now?!" Kid exclaimed.

"No," I sighed out a bit upset.

The light turned green and the car began to move again.

"Then why did you kiss her?" Kid asked.

"Because I like her!!" I whined out, trying to hold my tears back.

"But I don't know how to say that! So, I just let her go off with someone else and now I can't even tell her that I like her even if I wanted to. I'm such a fool. I just kept hurting her and she was hurting herself to help me figure out my feelings and I- I- I don't know what to do now-," I was starting to hyperventilate.

"Okay, okay!" Kid tried to calm me down.

But I couldn't calm down...

Instead, I just started to cry.

"Don't cry. Haerin come on! Dude don't cry," Kid was really bad at comforting me.

"Hey! Get yourself together. Damn, no wonder Hanni was able to snatch Minji from you," Kid sounded annoyed.

"What do you mean?" I sniffled, trying to get a hold of myself.

"Hanni's liked Minji this whole time, but she never had a chance because Minji only had eyes for you. Minji only wanted to choose you," Kid glared at me as if disappointed in me.

"Minji and I have been knowing how much you're struggling with your feelings. It's easy to tell how confused you are, but Minji didn't care. So whatever you did to allow this. You need to figure it out before all my damn efforts for you go down the drain," Kid angrily told me.

I took a deep breath, trying to process all the information that had just been thrown at me.

"How am I supposed to do that?" I sniffled out.

*RING, RING*

I call started to income into Kid's car.

It was Hanni.

Kid answered the call and Hanni scared out, "Hiiii!!!"

"What's up?" Kid asked, glaring at me.

"Can me and Minji drop by?" Hanni asked.

"So, she's not going home?" I thought to myself, thinking of Minji.

"Sure, but Haerin is with me. So, it'll be like a double date!" Kid smirked to themselves.

"Great!" Hanni laughed out before hanging up.

I sighed out and angrily smacked Kid's arm.

"What was that about?!" Kid asked.

"Why would you say date?!" I angrily screamed.

"I didn't say what the couples were!!" Kid playful pushed the side of my head.

"Now, wipe your tears away and get yourself together. I'm going to help you get Minji back before it's too late," Kid ordered.

I gulped a bit at the thought of getting Minji in general.

"And don't be freaking scared this time. Either get the fuck out of the closet or hide in there and watch Minji slobber all over someone else!" Kid angrily told me.

"Ewwww, gross!!" I exclaimed.

"Do you want her to be your girlfriend or not?!" Kid seemed frustrated with me.

"I don't know," I huffed.

"I'm not helping you," Kid coldly responded.

"No, okay. Fine. Please help me!" I whined out in frustration.

"No, you don't fucking know what you want. No wonder Minji is taking her love somewhere else!" Kid angrily answered.

"Hey!!" I angrily responded back.

"Get your shit together. Either, you want her to be your girlfriend or you let her be someone else's girlfriend!" Kid kept raising their voice at me.

"I WANT MINJI TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND!!!" I yelled in frustration.

"Good," Kid calmly responded....

before turning into their apartments parking garage.

-

-

-

-

-

-