SHIFT

Narrator

Minji and Haerin managed to mostly stay in their dorm for a few days.

They went to class, cuddled, and did their best to try to figure out each other's comfort levels.

While Haerin was okay with cuddling and sleeping together. Minji wasn't okay with the cheek kisses and constant hand holding.

Haerin liked to hold hands a lot, but Minji always set boundaries for it to ensure she didn't get her own feelings hurt.

Things were working out for the two.

It was comfortable for now.

- Danielle POV -

Lately, it was hard for me and Hanni to catch Minji or Haerin alone.

After class, they would both just sort of run out.

Even when we managed to sit next to each other's crush, they both seemed a million miles away.

Hanni and I had concluded that they were probably still fighting....

But that thought shifted when I saw them perform the choreography Kid had created for them.

It was a completely different style of dance and choreography than seen initially.

They were having a lot of fun.

They seemed really to be enjoying themselves.

I took a deep breath and slid myself over to Kid.

"You changed their choreography?" I whispered.

"Yeah, the other didn't seem to suit them well," Kid whispered back, nodding their head as they enjoyed Minji and Haerin's dance.

I sighed at the sight.

Haerin and Minji finished up their dance, everyone screaming and cheering, throwing shoes as the pair.

"I don't have a chance, huh?" I built up the courage to ask.

Kid was always very honest and kind.

Kid was the first person, besides Hanni, that I told about my feelings for Haerin.

Kid was supportive, but honest. They didn't think that Haerin was much for being sure about herself or her feelings.

I always thought that meant that I had to be gentle with her.

I specially started to think that the other night.

"She asked me if I'd date her," I whispered to Kid as I watched Haerin jump into Minji's arms from excitement at their wonderful evaluation.

"80%!!" The professor announced.

It was the highest evaluation of the day.

"She what?!" Kid suddenly turned to look at me with a confusion.

"Well, she asked if I'd date a friend. If I'd date her," I clarified.

Kid nodded and bit their lip a bit.

"I knew I shouldn't have placed that thought in her head," Kid mumbled to themselves.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused myself.

Kid just sighed and said.... "Nothing, I'm sure she's figured things out."

I wasn't sure what that meant, but it felt like it had something to do with Minji.

"Would you date a friend?" Haerin's question echoed through my mind.

"Like would you date me?" She had asked after.

As I stared at Haerin rest her head on Minji, I realized that the question wasn't about me.

It wasn't about me at all.

Haerin was asking if she was good enough to date. She was asking if it was okay to date a friend.

Haerin was actually asking herself that question.

It wasn't for about me.

"Yeah, you're probably right," I sighed out in realization.

I had accepted defeat before even trying.

It wasn't worth it to try, and lose two friends, than to just accept defeat and keep Haerin in my life.

- Kid POV -

I ended up switching Minji and Haerin's choreography.

The previous one seemed to hurt them in some way. Every time they'd practice it, they'd end up not mad at each other.

I had to ask our professor permission for the switch, but she didn't care as long as the girls were able to learn the dance in time for evaluations.

"Ahhh, that was so cool!!" I cheered at the girls at the end of the class.

"I know!!" Minji exclaimed.

Haerin was just off to the side, holding a tiny grip on Minji's jacket as she shyly smiled down at the floor.

There was a visibly shift in each girl.

Minji didn't seem to be hiding her feelings for Haerin anymore, and Haerin didn't actually seem too bothered by Minji's actions.

I hadn't been around much, so I wasn't able to catch up with Minji to find out what was really going on...

But it didn't matter.

It was very clear that the pair was heading in the direction both their hearts wanted.

-

-

-

-

-

-