JEALOUS

Narrator

The next morning, Haerin ended up waking earlier than Minji. She didn't want to bother her or even knew if Minji had class today...

So, Haerin just let her sleep.

Not only that, but Haerin still felt bad about what happened.

- Haerin POV -

I woke up really tired the next day.

I had cried myself to sleep the night before.

I felt so bad about what happened with Minji unnie that I was scared that she'd never want to talk to me again. Without Minji..... it really felt like I couldn't do this...

If it wasn't for Minji.

I would have gone back home by now.

I sighed as I put my shoes on to leave the dorm.

I was fighting with myself on if I should wake Minji up or not.... but... ultimately... I opted not to.

I took a deep breath and made my way out the front door.

As soon as I walked right of my dorm, I accidentally bumped into someone.

It was so embarrassing.

"So sorry!" I told the stranger as I helped pick up their books.

"It's okay," a familiar voice responded in Korean.

It was Kid.

Now I felt even more embarrassed.

"Where's your friend?" Kid asked as they extended their hand to help me up.

I shyly took the offer, but was too anxious to answer the question.

Kid didn't seem to mind and just nodded.

"Are you headed to class?" Kid kindly asked.

I slowly nodded in response.

"Want to get a coffee with me on the way there? I have a class right now in the main arts building too," Kid offered.

I was getting really nervous by just talking to someone who wasn't Minji.

With Hyein, I was much calmer because Minji was there to protect me....

But with Kid.

I didn't have anyone looking out for me.

"Minji won't always be there!" My brain suddenly started to scold me.

"Just say 'yes', Kid seems nice. You need to make friends!" I kept scolding myself.

"O-okay," I stuttered in response.

"Great!" Kid gave me a cute smile and we started to walk down to the main building.

On the way our way to the coffee shop, Kid and I got to know each other a little better.

It seemed like Kid was a fan of me and Minji's work.

Kid had recognized us from a few music videos and brand commercials in Korea.

I guess when Kid had asked if we were foreigners, Kid was just making sure that they weren't mistaken on who we were.

"So, does Minji not have class today or something?" Kid ask as we sat outside the coffee shop to drink our drinks.

"I don't know," I shyly answered.