NIGHT TIME

Narrator

Now that Haerin's mind was more at ease about everything, Minji felt like she could finally make up for all the times she made Haerin feel like she was choosing Kid over her.

Minji had made How coco and gathered up a bunch of blankets while Haerin took a night time shower.

Haerin was taking a longer than she expected, so Minji hooped in a quick shower herself.

- Haerin POV -

I walked out of a warm refreshing shower feeling a lot better about my day.

I dried my hair a bit and then decided to go say goodnight to Minji.

On my way across the hall, to Minji's room, I stopped in my tracks when I noticed a strange little set up in the living room.

"What?" I smiled to myself

"I thought we'd have a little movie night. You know, to make up for all those times you thought I was choosing Kid over you," Minji suddenly walked out of her room, drying her hair as well.

My heart suddenly started to flutter and, as always, I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"You don't have to. That was my fault for making assumptions," I shyly responded.

"It's my fault for keeping secrets from. I promise that from now on. I won't ever keep any secrets from you," Minji gave me a cute smile.

"After all, you're my best friend!" She cutely added.

My heart suddenly started to ache at that statement.

I didn't even really get a chance to process why I might have been upset at Minji calling me her best friend, when I was abruptly pulled into a pile of pillows and blankets.

"What do you want to watch?" Minji asked all excited.

I started to realize how close we were and my heart started to race again.

"Umm... whatever you want," I shyly responded.

- Minji POV -

I was kind of glad that Kid and I decided to tell Haerin the truth.

I didn't feel like I had to hide anything from Haerin anymore. I could just be myself and stop being so secretive about what was going on with me and Kid.

It was made me even more relieved to see Haerin at ease.

"Are you sleepy?" I whispered to Haerin as she started to nod of on my shoulder.

"No," Haerin mumbled.

"I think you're tired. Let's go to sleep," I whispered back.

Haerin suddenly lifted her head up and look at me with a sleepy look.

"I'm not tired!" She whined

I couldn't help but giggle at how cute she looked.

We had watched two movies by now. All the popcorn was gone and we were both too tired to get up to make more hot chocolate.

"Okay, how about we just finish up this movie?" I suggested at the grumpy cat.

"Okay!" Haerin mumbled before returning her head to my shoulder.

I wasn't sure if Haerin was aware of what she was doing, but either way...

I didn't mind.

I wanted Haerin as close as possible.

"Unnie?" Haerin suddenly mumbled.

"Mhm," I answered.

"Would you date a friend?" She whispered really sleepily.

"Huh?" I asked a bit confused.

"Kid asked if I'd date a friend like you or Danielle," Haerin kept sleepily mumbling.

"Ugh, that kid!" I rolled my eyes to myself.

"Would you date me?" Haerin suddenly asked, making my heart stop.

I swallowed a knot in my neck, trying to find a way to answer.

My heart started racing as I scrambled to put a sentence together.

"Because, we're just friends, right? It would be wrong, right?" Haerin whispered.

I sighed, realizing that Haerin was just really tired and Kid had gotten in her head again.

"Let's get you to bed," I answered her.

"I'm not tired!" Haerin began to whine again.

This time, her cuteness wasn't going to work.

"Come on, you need to sleep. You're saying nonsense!" I tried to pulled her up.

Haerin just kept on making whining noises, refusing to get up from the floor.

"Okay, fine! If you won't get up, then I'll put you to bed myself!" I groaned in annoyance and picked up Haerin in my arms.

I then carried Haerin into her room and gently placed her on the bed.

"Goodnight," I unconsciously kissed her forehead as I pulled the covers over her.

"Don't go," Haerin mumbled.

I took a deep breath to control my feelings and just ignored her request.

Suddenly, Haerin grabbed my arm and refused to let me go.

"Don't go, Unnie. I don't want to sleep alone," she mumbled.

"I w-want to b-be in your arms, Mi-Minji," Haerin whispered as she struggled to keep consciousness.

Haerin's grip on my arm suddenly loosened up and her arm dropped to the side of her bed.

It seemed like Haerin had finally passed out.

I looked at her for a few seconds, contemplating if I should fulfill her request...

I then took off my house slippers and slowly slide into Haerin's bed.

I wrapped my arms around her and Haerin suddenly groaned, turning to face her back towards me.

I was starting to feel like maybe it was all a mistake....

When Haerin suddenly backup into my embrace and whispered.... "I love you, Unnie."

-

-

-

-

-

-