azerbaijan

since the morning of their conundrum, neither ria or oscar had breathed a word to each other. it had been about a week since their last interaction, and as much as ria tried to act unbothered, she kind of missed him. maybe it was her hormones acting up, or maybe he just gave it to her really good that night.

she assumed the former, but in her mind she knew it was the latter. it had been such an unforgettable night, but now all she felt was guilt, and shame. how could she have let her barriers down for him? the walls she spent so long building up came crumbling down as soon as she saw him in the car that night.

for the past week, she couldn't sleep without thinking of his hands on her, the way his body slotted into hers, and how he felt buried in her. his light nips on her neck, to the way he praised her. she tried to act like she had forgotten all about it, but it coursed through her mind with every blink. her skin ached for his touch.

but on thursday morning, she had to put those feelings aside, no matter how hard it may have been, and act like nothing had happened between them. like the night has never happened. which was much easier said than done.

during the press conference, when a reporter tried to ask her and oscar about the photos, she quickly shut it down, reminding them that it was a racing conference, and they would only be answering questions about racing.

the team challenge was even harder. they were playing 'spill your guts or fill your guts', and ria cursed the team mentally for going so overboard on these challenges.

she shook off her nerves, avoiding eye contact with oscar, as she sat in the chair opposite his at the table. she looked at the food in the middle of the table in disgust, seeing textures and colours that you would not expect in food. she almost gagged at the sight, but masked it with a digusted face at the camera.

"hey everyone, we're playing spill your guts or fill your guts, i'm ria, he's oscar, and this food look so disgusting i might throw up right now. do we have buckets?" she asked to the team behind the camera.

she saw a nod to the floor beside her, and noticed an orange bucket by her feet. she sent a quick thumbs up to the camera people, before returning to look at the table.

"first question is for ria. what is a secret you haven't told many people?" dionne pried.

"well, as a public figure i don't really have many secrets, but i do have one i've only told my best friend, tania. i have an insane obsession with christian bale. like, i've seen every single dark knight film, american psycho, ford v ferrari, even the machinist, just for him. i even watched howl's moving castle just for his voice. i sound insane but i'm not the only one, i know it." she explained.

"that's pretty tame." said dionne. "oscar, what's the last awkward situation you've been in?"

"i'm not sure i'm allowed to say that. i guess when i was rudely awoken by my face plastered all over twitter? that was not a fun conversation." he hinted at the morning she'd argued with him, and looked at her. she rolled her eyes in response.

"pretty awkward, i would say. ria, whats the most embarrassing thing your parents have caught you doing?" dionne asked.

"when i was 17, and my mum walked in on me filming a thirst trap for tiktok. i literally died dead, rip me. i think i still have the video in my drafts, but it's never getting shown to the world." she told the camera.

"time for the juicy ones that'll get you two to eat some of this stuff. oscar, what was the last text you sent to someone?" she asked.

"ok wait, i have to check this to see if i want to show you it or not." he said, pulling out his phone and going into his messages. his most recent chat was with his mum, and her talking about ria, saying she's a sweet girl and he should try and make things up with her. "yeah, no way are you seeing that. what do i eat?"