britain

seeing as it was ria and the team's home grand prix, the livery had been changed, donning the chrome accents around the papaya. ria had designed a different helmet, with the red, white and blue colours popping out.

in the week preceding the british grand prix, ria had stayed at her home in woking, close to the mclaren technology centre, but also close to home.

thursday was very busy for ria. everyone wanted to speak to the native driver with the native team. her day was chock full of interviews, for sky sports, channel 4, and many other sports channels.

most of the time, she was asked about growing up in england, her life growing up, if she'd ever been to the british grand prix before, and such.

mclaren had not only changed the livery, but also the car under it. it had been predicted to have gained at least 5 tenths of time, which could put mclaren above red bull on the grid.

for two rookies, the prospect of being in front of the current constructor's champions was quite daunting. even more so when all eyes would be on the british time to not fuck up this weekend.

"hey guys! it's me, ria, and oscar for this week's team challenge. right, so, home grand prix for me and the team. i'm sort of nervous, but at the same time i'm so excited. so today, we've got some british summer garden games to play with the two of us." she said, trying not to laugh at oscar.

"yes, so we've got twister laid out for us here, limbo next, and jenga after that. this is going to be fun." his dry sacrcasm coating his words.

"i'm going first. i was an absolute unit when it came to gymnastics, hope i've still got it." she said, spinning the wheel. "right hand, red. cold."

she placed a fist on the red circle in the corner closest to her, and spun the wheel for oscar.

"left hand, blue. alright. staring off okay." he said, going for the one on the other side of the sheet to ria.

she spun again, finding herself getting left foot, green. she twisted around, landing her foot comfortably on one of the further green spots.

she spun for oscar, and he got right foot, green. he threw his leg over hers, and managed to find a good circle.

she then got right foot, blue. she placed her foot on the circle next to oscar's hand, almost lying down face up at this point.

oscar got right hand, yellow, and stretched to the side as far as he could, landing next to ria's chest.

ria got a left hand, green, grazing his arm as she reached for the spot.

then, oscar got the unfortunate left hand, yellow. the only yellow spot he could reach was between ria's legs. ria went red as she realised the predicament she was in as she felt his elbow lightly touch her thigh, sending a jolt of electricity run through her body.

"they're just making us look like absolute fools for views aren't they?" oscar joked.

"definitely. this hurts." she said.

"ooh, yeah, this is stretching my legs too much. i can't." he said, dropping himself to get off the plastic sheet.

"did i win?" she shouted back, not letting go.

"yep. you can stop now." dionne told her, and ria dropped, sighing with relief.

"okay, we have limbo next. i'm really good at these gymnastics type things, oscar's stiff as a board so he struggles." she mocked him to the camera.

"shut up."

"be nice!" dionne scolded.

"sorry." he sarcastically responded to ria.

"we'll start easy for you oscar. the top one." she patted his shoulder.

"now you're taking the piss. you can walk under that!" he protested.

she walked straight under it in response, proving his point. he grumbled, then bent backwards slightly to get through it.

after a while, they'd managed to get the limbo down by three steps, and oscar was starting to struggle. by the fourth one, he'd hit the stick, crowning ria the champion.

"now we have jenga. i'm actually goated at jenga, unbeatable." he bragged, earning a smack on the arm from ria.

they were at the blocks for a good ten minutes, until ria pulled out the fates piece that caused the structure to drop. but, seeing as she won both of the previous rounds, she was the winner of this challenge.

"alright, well that's it from us. we hope you enjoyed this video, and because you guys are gonna see this on friday, stream speak now (taylor's version)! bye everyone!" she couldn't stop herself from the taylor promotion, especially because the album was out in a few hours.

***

"and that's ria sandhu with pole position from oscar piastri by a margin of seven thousandths of a second! how close! especially for two rookies, this is incredible." crofty yelled.

the british crowd roared for their homeland hero, ria, as she took the fastest lap in qualifying. as a rookie, she had beat max verstappen to pole position. that felt insane.

that advantage was carried through to sunday, and as oscar had been left to fight the red bulls, she soared off, much to the crowd's liking.

she scored a grand slam. pole position and the win. a perfectly timed pit stop led to her being able to keep the lead, and oscar in second. she was overjoyed. her first win in her rookie season? a feat that had been a first since lewis hamilton in 2007.

the electricity that she felt standing atop that podium, with her teammate on one side and a fellow brit in lando on the other was unmatched. she saw her parents and brother in the crowd who had come to see her race for the first time in her f1 career, and for her to win had her mum tearing up.

obviously, they had to celebrate properly. so off to the club the whole grid went. there had been no dnfs this race, so happy faces all around.

they spent the night dancing and drinking, but ria found herself only taking two light margaritas. she didn't want to get blackout drunk this time. she wanted to reel in her success, and feel the joy and adrenaline high for as long as possible. not one emulated by alcohol or drugs. the real deal.

oscar, unbeknownst to her, had also only had a few drinks. he felt the same way, but also didn't feel like drinking that night. he wanted to be present, and aware, just in case anything happened.

neither left the club with a partner. ria knew she couldn't find a man who had made her feel like oscar did. no matter how much she tried to push the thoughts to the back of her mind, sometimes she thought about the nights slept next to him, and how he touched her. how he worshipped her body as if it were an altar.

those thoughts followed her back to her hotel room, where she found that she couldn't sleep. so, as anyone does, she decided to have a jam sesh to the new taylor tracks.

***

guys did u catch the two taylor refs in the last few paragraphs tehe