mistakes

"i cannot wait to gamble my life savings away this week!" ria excitedly shouted as she walked out of the vegas airport. a chill overcame her face, forcing her to shudder.

"why don't we get you warmed up first? then you can be as irresponsible as you want with your money and a pack of playing cards." oscar responded, holding her shoulders and directing her towards the mclaren he had been lent for this week by the team.

they, or rather the valet, parked the car up at the hilton closest to the track, making their way through the reception to get their room cards and then up the elevator.

ria didn't bother going to her room, and instead walked into oscar's with him. she dumped her stuff on the floor next to the door, and collapsed onto his bed.

"i'm gonna take a shower, babe." he told her, dropping his bags by the bed. "you coming?"

ria's head tipped up as she heard that, her eyes widening with excitement. she got up, and almost ran into the bathroom with him.

once they'd finished their shower-turned-sex, they finally came out of the bathroom and landed on the bed.

"we should do that more often." oscar panted.

"i'd love that." ria agreed.

by this point, the sun had set long ago, leaving the window illuminated by the las vegas skyline, the sphere standing out against the collection of glittering lights.

ria was still only in her sweats, and so was oscar.

her phone suddenly rang out across the room.

"hey." she picked it up.

"ria! come out! we're all about to hit some of the clubs!" arthur yelled through the phone.

she had to pull the phone away from her ear to adjust to his loud volume.

"fuck, calm down, mate. who's we?" she asked.

"me, carla, charles, alex, max and lando." he answered.

"where are you? how long until you get here?" she rummaged through her suitcase to find her party dress.

"we're going to leave in about twenty minutes to go and get lando and max, and they're in the same hotel as you, so maybe half an hour? you're coming with me and carla, the other two are with charles." he estimated.

"shit, okay. i'm in room 1081, top floor." she told him.

"see you!" he excitedly yelled before putting down the phone.

"arthur's gonna be here in half an hour to take us out to some club." she explained to oscar.

he nodded silently, going over to his suitcase to find something warm enough to wear in the cool of the vegas nights.

they both changed in the bedroom with, their eyes not leaving each other's bodies once.

ria had a black minidress on, whereas oscar had gone for practicality with his jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

"are you not gonna be cold?" he asked, looking down at her almost bare legs.

"it doesn't really matter, we won't be outside for too long. it's not too much, is it? i feel like it shows too much." she doubted, turning sideways in the mirror to see how it looked from all angles.

"you look amazing." he said between kisses.

"it makes my stomach look weird. leave it, i'll change."

"hey, no. you look great. nothing looks weird. if you want to change because you're cold or you're not comfortable, go ahead, but i think you look perfect." he spoke softly. "i wouldn't mind staying in with you if you're dressed like this." he added jokingly.

"do you really think so?" her eyes slightly lit up as he complimented her.

he nodded in return, kissing her once again.

"i love you." he rested his forehead against hers.

"i love you more." she almost whispered.

they stood together, whispering sweet nothings to each other, making ria giggle at him.

they heard a knock on the door, and figured it was arthur, so ria opened the door.

as soon as she did so, she was attacked with a tight hug from carla. they both squealed at each other in excitement, complimenting each other, until ria dragged oscar out to the room and down to the car park where arthur was waiting in the car.

carla called shotgun, so oscar and ria sat in the back together, but they weren't complaining.

they had managed to get a private booth with the whole group, so all eight of them could sit together. arthur and charles were the designated drivers, so they didn't have any alcohol served to them. carla, ria, kelly and alex, on the other hand, were downing shot after shot after shot like they were nothing.

"oscar, let's dance!" she called him over to her once she stood up.

he stood up reluctantly, walking over to his girlfriend. the rest of the boys got up with their girlfriends, and lando had found a girl who'd rather stay back and talk.

they were dancing and jumping around, having the time of their lives on the dance floor.

"ria, i'm going to the toilet." he shouted over the loud music.

she only nodded in response, letting him go, talking to one of the other girls about god knows what.

in oscar's journey to the bathroom, he was stopped. a tall, blonde girl had stopped him with a smile, beginning to make small talk.

oscar, in his naiveté, spoke with her politely, assuming she was just a fan.

"hey, i need to get to the bathroom too. let's go." ria shouted to alex back on the dance floor.

the rest of the girls walked with them to the bathroom, leaving the boys slightly confused, so they followed them.

ria stopped dead in her tracks as she saw oscar's lips meeting those of another girl.

the world went quiet. she heard noises, but they were unintelligible to her.

"what the fuck, oscar?" she almost shouted, pain evident in her voice.

"ria, please, i-" he attempted.

"no, you know what? i don't give a shit about your crappy apology. shove it up your arse for all i care." she yelled back. "suck my dick, piastri."

venom laced her words, coating each word with an intense hatred. she turned on her heel, pushing through the crowds to get out of the hot, sticky club.

the girls trailed after her, not seeing oscar shove the blonde away from him once again.

fuck.