Chapter 8: Unknown Powers

The Helius Mountain Range / Morning / Oxolon's Crypt / Two days later

After a long journey to the range, Vyda and Vekrax continued walking from the icy and snowy landscape of the Northen Regions of Haxaria, she is far away from Winter League now by several days. They are currently walking on a rocky mountain and in the distant landscape they can see the other tall Rocky Mountains covered in snow.

 They are currently walking on a rocky mountain and in the distant landscape they can see the other tall Rocky Mountains covered in snow

Vyda: (Looking at the landscape) Woah..... So.....Beautifull... I could just live here forever.

Vekrax: (Looking at her back with his right side eye) "My pack used to live here long ago, that was when I was a hatchling. I remember mom and dad hunting for food and my aunt help mom by keeping me warm under her body while they were away" (Looking forward again) (Yutyrannus sighted) "That was..... A good life back then"

Vyda: You had a happy life when you were kid?

Vekrax: "I did, i remember playing with my two sisters around in the woods. We loved the snow as much as you do and we hunted small preys and we were away from your kind civilizations, and we feel safe..... Until....." (Sad noise)

Vyda: (Touching his neck gently comforting him) What happened Vekrax?

Vekrax: "A large pack of Drexars clashed with my whole family..... Killed everyone but my father scooped me up and run away because he knew we were no match against that pack. Me and him we were the only ones left alive"

Vyda: (Hugging his neck) Vekrax.... You had a good father, I wish my own dad was like yours..... Life can be cruel friend, I too sometimes think that life could be a paradise but i was wrong about that after the many cruel things ive seen happenings in Haxaria.

Vekrax: "I know..... Its so hard to think that all i stood with, all my families and my entire pack that i was, are all but gone in a blink of an eye"

Vyda: Thats how life could be Vekrax.... Death can happen anytime and in any second, but sometimes i also think of hope.

Vekrax: "Like hope i would love another of my kind again"

Vyda: Yes... I do hope if i could mate with someone, i dont have any Polaris that im close with.

Vekrax: "I hope to see the happy day where you an i we find our mates."

Vyda: Patience my friend.... Patience.... Everything has a time.

They continue walking as Vyda still remains on Vekrax back and he spot something on a mountain.

Vekrax: "I see some ruins!"

Vyda: I think that is it!! Go there!

Vekrax: (Roar!!)

He is now heading to the ruins and moments later they arrive and by their surprise is indeed a ruin.

Vyda: Woah! look at this place! no one has been here for years!

Vekrax: "I never been in here in all my life! despite I travelled with my pack around these regions"

Vyda: Let see whats inside! (Dismounting Vekrax) This ruin looks very Polaris!

Vekrax: "Well by the looks of it i can sense magic by the entrance!"

Vyda: I too can sense it! Lets head inside.

They are entering the entrance of the ruins and is a crypt of something, but the entrance is large enough for Vekrax to enter too. Once they are inside, she sees how old is the ruin as it is made of stone work. The tunnel continues going forward and more panels with history shows.

Vyda: (Seeing the panels and looks at one) This panel! thats Great Mage Oxolon! he belonged to the Fire Clan when he was around!

Vekrax: "He looks like a mighty Polaris mage!"

Vyda: Actually.... Oxolon wasn't a Polaris species.

Vekrax: "No? then what he is?"

Vyda: He is a Xelaris species! his kind is almost extinct, almost because i know a friend of mines name Juvian that he is the last known Xelaris.

Vekrax: "A Xelaris...."

Vyda: Yeah and I had no idea they can posses magic like us, let see here in these panels... (Seeing one panel at it shows the sword) That has to be the weapon Oxolon's spirit is talking about.... his own weapon.

Vekrax: "For a weapon like that..... it has to be very powerful"

Vyda: Powerful as this staff! this is his own staff he carry before when he was around!

Vekrax: "From where did you get that staff??"

Vyda: Back when we defend the High Republic States from Red League before the war ended. The Chancellor gave me this because he find me worthy to carry this. Let me see this other panel here... (Seeing another panel and she sees something weird) What the?

Vekrax: "Is that a wyvern? behind Oxolon?"

Vyda: It looks like to me, wait theres some text here! "By the Night and by the dawn..... Oxolon's Shadows showed its true might as the Nothern Wyvern of Winter League" Huh?!

Vekrax: "Nothern Wyvern?? i don't understand did he had a wyvern as a friend?"

Vyda: No! I don't think it is! hold on let me see these other panels! (She sees another panel and she is shock) What in the stars!?

Vekrax: "What kind of icon is that??"

Vyda: "Oxolon has turned into a mighty feathered beast and with his form he freed the world from the Void Clans" He turned himself into a wyvern?! How!?

[Male Voice] With a power I achieved by the ancient's precursor of our world.... I have the power sealed with me on this tomb! but in order to achieve this power you must pass my test too.

Vyda: You really turned into a wyvern?! 

[Male Voice] I did and I am currently! im different than these Rydonians and Rodanians! My new form helped me to stop the mage wars and put a halt on the Void Clans progress of conquest! I can train you and help you giving new abilities you have never seen!

Vyda: Then I'm ready to learn Master Oxolon! what's my new lessons?

[Male Voice] (Pleased) Agh! it has been so long I haven't taught a new student! come to the end of the tunnel and you will enter a large chamber!

Vyda proceed to wark towards the end of the tunnel where she sees another chamber and is a massive, large chamber and its a training room.