Chapter 17: Honor and Remembrance

Winter City / Morning / Several hours after the fight

It's now morning and Princess Hayladar is with Varani and King Dalarin on the throne room talking about plans and what Vyda did last night, Dalarin was mostly impressed by Vyda's courage but them, a guard came by.

King Dalarin: Yes guard! come forward!

Isalion: My lord.... we have some, sad news....

King Dalarin: What happened???

Isalion: Folks! bring those in here!

Fenri: King.... (Holding the two pieces of Vyda's staff) We found this when we went back to check on Vyda.

Princess Hayladar: Oh no!!

Varani: Thats her staff!?!

King Dalarin: (Grieving and mourn) No.......

Varani: Where is she!?!

Fenri: We didn't find her body.... this is the only thing we have found aside from her......

Princess Haylada: (Looks at her father) Father!! I REFUSE to believe she died in battle!!!

King Dalarin: My love.... she sacrificed herself for our people.... She was facing Malador daughter! a great and dangerous foe to our nation's history!! I very much knew she won't survived! I will honor Vyda and her name and its legacy in my Hall of the Fallens. May the stars guide you Vyda. Bring me those pieces....

Fenri: (Giving the two pieces of the staff) I'm... so sorry my Princess....

Princess Hayladar: (Left the throne as she walked away saddened)

King Dalarin: (Holding the pieces) (Sighed) She is grieving.... Vyda was one of her friends. To think this was Oxolon's staff.... No matter, we will make a funeral for Vyda tonight.

Varani: (Saddened look) I'm going to get going.... goodbye for now King...

King Dalarin: Take it easy Varani....

Varani headed back and he hears Princess Hayladar crying in her own chambers. Varani is too feeling grief. Ten minutes later he arrived at his home and sit on his room. Then a tear fell from his eyes, and he couldn't not hold it anymore and proceed to cry for Vyda's death. Not because the few times he spent with Vyda in these days but the fact some feelings for her he has inside.... he felt he loved her how strong she was and how smart she is. Vyda was probably for him his future and possible mate, but he didn't tell her that he loved her yet.