26 - Sunsets and Stars

―――――――――――
Narrator's Pov
――――――――――――――

The crew was anchored in the middle of the calm ocean, the wind blows making Y/n sigh. She sat at the fence the ship had, looking at the now setting sun. (She's at the back of the ship where the observation room is)

She smiled at the view of the reds, oranges, yellows, and pinks that are painted in the sky. She thought of her dad and her mother, she wished to be with them. She sighs and enjoyed the moment she was in. The others were busy finishing their tasks like washing dishes, refilling the cola, cleaning and sweeping the deck, and fixing their beds. A moment later she heard footsteps coming towards her, she looks back and saw a tired looking Zoro. He placed his hand on your waist while the other leaned on the fence, his face on your shoulder.

"How did you find me?" You asked, and the male smiles.

"Just a hunch." He said and you smiled.

Both turn their head towards the beautiful sky and the soft wind blowing towards them. The Greenie made its way to your hands and holds them, your face felt hot making you look at him.

"What's your dream or goal in life?" He suddenly asks.

"Hmm?"

"You know, you probably had a goal or dream in life when you boarded the Sunny." He says and you smiled.

"I just want to find Mom and live together with Dad." You say as you look back at the sky.

"Do you know her name?"

"Yes, Dad told me when we last met." She says as she intertwined her hands with Zoro.

"Zoro?"

"Hmm?" The male looks at her.

"Why do you want to become the strongest swordsman?" She asks and Zoro smiles.

"I made a promise to my late friend." He says.

"Late friend? You mean they died?" She asks and turns her attention towards the Greenie.

"Mhm. I promised them that I'll become the greatest swordsman so that my name will reach heaven." He says and You smile.

"Lucky friend." You say and he laughed softly.

"Wanna watch the stars later?" She asks and he nods.

The male was called by Sanji interrupting the moment between the two.

"Wait for me." He says as he kisses your knuckles, your temple and your lips making you chortle at his actions. He left and you heard complains from him before the two started screaming.

You sighed and turn your attention to the now dark-blueish sky. The sun has set, the gentle breeze now becoming cold. You hum a song and kept watching the sky, you then heard soft footsteps. You turn around to see Robin.

"Stargazing?" She asks, you smiled and nodded.

Both of you looked up at the sky and she sat beside you, the cold wind blowing your hair and cooling your napes. The two girls talked and after sometime, Nami joined them. The three conversed until Nami and Robin felt sleepy. They exchanged their goodnights and the two went to bed.

Just then, she heard another footstep. This time it was her lover, she smiled and pat the fence so he can sit with her. He sat and watched the stars with his lover. Zoro then leaned his head onto your shoulder, you look at him and smile. He was asleep, you let him rest and kept watching the stars. The girl now hums a song and closed her eyes, this moment was what she needed.

She decided it was getting cold so she carried Zoro to his bed and went to switch with Brook who was on night watch.

"I'll be fine." She assured the skeleton, He then left her.

"I don't know why but I feel happy..." She talked to herself.

"My heart feels at ease, I can't believe I'm even here." She smiles as she lays down on the soft grass on the deck, looking up the stars.

"I really wish this won't end." She spoke as she sat up and turned serious to keep the ship safe.

❦❦❦❦
7 votes for the next Chapter!

I won't be able to update this week cuz imma be busy again. But I'll manage til the weekend. So yeah! Thank you for 20k reads... that's a lot of readers. (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)