Background

Marketti POV

I woke up to the sound of Cries. I immediately knew that is was my baby sister Isabella. I jumped out of bed and ran down the hallways and into her room. I opened the door wide to see my mother standing at the window seal with Isabella in her arms. I could hear a helicopter hovering outside.

"Madre?" (Mother) I question.
"Mi dispiace, buona vita e tieni al sicuro i tuoi fratelli" (I am sorry, have a good life and keep your brothers safe) she replied before a rope appeared just outside the window. She climbed out the window and she held on tightly to the rope. I ran over the window, but I was too late. They had already left the roof.

I ran down the hallways going away from Isabella's room. As I sprinted, I started banging on the twins' doors and my father's door. I opened my father's door to see him bleeding out. I ran to his side and tried to apply pressure to his stab wound. It wasn't working and the twins were at the door panicking. I had no other choice, so I rushed out and pulled the twins back into their room. I wanted to help my father so much, but I was too young. That night I would never forget, and I wished it was a nightmare, I so badly wanted to wake up from.

*About 20 mins later*

I heard sirens coming closer. Eventually they were just outside, I demanded the guards to let them through. As paramedics and Police came into our home, my brothers were crying in the corner next to their beds. I opened the door and walked downstairs and made the police and paramedics follow. I led them to my father's room before I was pulled away. I was devastated to lose both parents in one night. I wanted to hate my mother for taking Isabella away. She was so young and would probably never learn about us or her father. After a while a social worker came into my brother's room where we were all situated and told us our uncle was coming to look after us until we were of age.