🎶 Say Yes To Heaven 🎶

🎶 I've got my eye on you 🎶

Aris's P.O.V

I looked at the girl who had just come from the new group. She had been the girl from the maze full of guys. That had ended up being her title in a matter of minutes. After that everyone forgot she existed. Why wouldn't they when they're all focused on their own problems?

I'm well aware that I should be the same way. After all, I know things no one else does, deadly things. So I should accept that she happens to exist and move on with my life.

That is not what you ended up happening. I watched as she punched someone directly in the nose. The guy held his hand to his bleeding face and groaned in pain. From there the guards tried to detain her. She responded by taking his weapon and hitting it over his head. I don't know what the guy did, but it must have been pretty bad.

I found out later it was because he was insulting one of her friends. Something about a boy with a limp. So she warned him to take it back. When he laughed in her face she damaged his.

This girl was definitely something. Hence why I'm looking for her dorm to warn her of everything that goes on here or at least what that I know about. There's something about her that's telling me it's the right thing to do. I may as well listen to my gut.

I just really hope she doesn't punch me in the face if she doesn't believe me.

🎶 If you go I'll stay 🎶
🎶 You come back, I'll be right here 🎶

"No,"She argued as I gave her a million reasons not to go to the last city.

"No? What do you mean no?"

"I mean no. I'm heading to WCKD. Frankly, this is a time I can't listen to you."

"You never listen to me,"I reminded her. She just looked me up and down before rolling her eyes. "Y/N, please,"I pleaded. Her gaze softened as she saw the desperation on my face.

"If it were Harriet or Sonya I know you'd go in a heartbeat. My priorities lie with my friends. Not me. You know that,"She reminded me.

And I definitely did. That had been made clear before we even met.

"Just be careful. Please come back safely,"I whispered. She didn't say anything as she pulled me in for a hug. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around her as we just stood there. In that moment nothing existed but us.

"I will. I'll come back to you,"She promised.

I knew I couldn't doubt her. It was the only bit of comfort I could hold on to.

🎶 'Cause I've got my mind on you 🎶
🎶 I've got my mind on you 🎶

Your P.O.V

I don't regret going to save my friend.
I regret the way I left Aris behind. It's ironic that I'm risking my life and my sanity but was too terrified at the thought of rejection to tell Aris I'm in love with him.

Now I can't stop thinking about him, and it makes me sick. Mentally and physically. I was already feeling this when he was taken by WCKD. Now I left on my own free will. Once again, it's not that I would change my decision. I would just change what I did before I left.