Two Beds

Aris’s P.O.V

I know that it's bad that Thomas and Brenda are missing. That's obviously something to worry about.

It's just that we had to stop at Scorch City for the night, and Jorge had a friend that ran an old motel. We each paired up, and I obviously needed to be with my girl.

Was it superficial? Maybe a little. Did I care? Not really. I like being near her, and I hadn't had a real chance to do that. It had been so long since I had gotten to actually cuddle her.

That was kind of ruined though when there were two beds. Not only that, but she called dibs on one.

“Are you alright?”She asked as I sat on the bed.

“I’m fine,”I shrugged. “Are you?”

“Yeah. I’m good,”She shrugged back. “I’m honestly just waiting for you to ask.”

“Ask what?”I asked quickly, feeling my face turn red.

“You know what.”

“Then why do I have to ask?”

“Because you're cute when you blush,”She explained, smiling at me.

“I’m not really blushing,”I lied, only getting hotter as she kept her gaze on me. Looking at the ground, I played with my hands as I found out how to say it in a coherent way. “Can I share a bed with you?”

“Yes,”She instantly agreed, moving over. Making my way over, I laid beside her, keeping my head on shoulder as I held her waist. “You happy now?”

“Very,”I smiled, closing my eyes as she wrapped her arm around me. Completely ignoring that there were two beds, we got our first real sleep in a long time, right beside each other.