Forced

I can without a doubt say that Aris is the best thing that's ever shown up in that box. I can without a doubt that I would do anything for him. I can without a doubt say that I love him more than life itself.

"Hello, my love,"I greeted, joining him beside the frozen lake.

"Hi,"He mumbled, focusing on the ground.

"Are you okay?"I checked.

"I'm fine,"He muttered, keeping his head down.

"If you say so, but if you're not, I'm always here,"I assured him, going to place my hand on his shoulder just for him to flinch. Pulling away, I tried to figure out what to say to that.

"Sorry,"He whispered in a shaky voice.

"Aris, is someone hurting you?"I asked gently.

"No,"He insisted.

"Aris-
"I'm fine!"He snapped, glaring at me. I didn't care about that though.

I cared about his very recently split lip. Today recently because I had just been with him yesterday.

"Who did this to you?"I demanded to know.

"I fell,"He murmured, back to staring at the ground.

"Aris,"I began, carefully placing my hand on his cheek and making him face me. "Who's hurting you?"

"I already told you that I fell,"He lied.

"Aris-"
"It doesn't matter. I'm not even your problem. I don't want to be,"He snapped.

"You're not a problem,"I promised.

"It doesn't matter what you think of me. I don't-I don't even like you,"He said through shaky breaths.

"What are you talking about? Aris-"
"I never even liked you. Ever. I never loved you. I never cared about you. You're-you're stupid if you think I did. If you think anyone could,"He insulted, standing up just for me to do the same.

"Aris-"
"I don't want you. I never-"
Cutting him off, I wrapped my arms around him. Clinging to me, he sobbed on my shoulder as I rubbed his back. Humming to him, I rocked him while standing up. Holding me a little tighter, he broke in my arms. Forgetting every word he just said, I comforted him like it was all I knew how to do until he pulled away.

"I'll let it be me, but I can't let it be you. Never you."

"Whatever is going on, I'll take care of it,"I promised, wiping his tears from his cheeks.

"No. I can't let anyone hurt you. I don't care what happens to me, but I can't let anything happen to you,"He whispered, pressing his forehead against mine.

"Nothing will happen to me. I'll take care of it. I'll take care of myself and most definitely of you,"I reassured him.

"Can you just please do something for me?"

"Anything you want."

"Can you please show me heaven one last time?"

"Last time? Why-"
"Please? Please just kiss me?"He pleaded. Not knowing how to say no, I cupped his cheeks as I brushed my lips against his. Not pulling away for once, he put his hand behind my head to deepen it. With the once gentle kisser I knew being gone, he kept his lips against mine like if he stopped he wouldn't be able to breathe. He kissed me like I was the only thing that could keep him alive when he was on the brink of death.

Wrapping his arms around my waist, he pulled me closer until I was pressed against him as tears streamed down his face. Pushing me against the tree behind us, he still didn't stop. Not until we finally ran out of air.

"Remember that you hate me. Remember that you only wish the worst for me. Remember that I was cold and cruel when I broke your heart,"He whispered.

"You can't kiss me like that and leave,"I begged.

"Yes. I can. I can do anything for you. I will."

"Whatever it is, I can fix it. I promise I'll fix it if it means I get to stay with you."

"You hate me. You wish you never met me. You wish you never spoke to me, never held me, never kissed me, never loved me, never anything. Do you understand? You hate me,"He begged.

"Aris-"
"Please don't make this harder than it already is. Just remember what I said. I'm doing this for you. I'd do anything for you, even if it meant I don't get to be there with you anymore. Even if it means I never get to have you,"He whispered, pressing his lips to my temple and taking my breath away for just a moment before walking away like it was nothing. Staying where I was, I just listened to him go.

When I could no longer hear him I fell to my knees, buried my face in my hands, and sobbed.