Forever (Part 1)

Running. Running. Running.

We were all running.

Running from what would kill us.

Or worse.

But they were strong, and I knew that they would get through the door if someone didn't hold it shut.

Before I could hesitate, before I could remember why I was living, I remembered all the people out there v.s one person. I remembered my lovers life v.s mine.

Forever. We had promised forever, but if that meant forever when he was dead then we couldn't have it.

So we just stared at each other, his eyes begging me to come with them, him frantically gesturing for me to follow them to safety. By now the others seemed to realize what I was doing as they ran. I knew why. You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved.

I stood there for what felt like hours when they got closer. Breaking out of my trance as he reached for me, I slammed the door shut and held myself against it.

"No! Y/N!"He screamed, frantically hitting it. I didn't answer as they got closer and closer. All I did was wait for death.

"Y/N! Please!"He cried. I shut my eyes as I tried to tune it out. "I love you! Please! You promised me! You promised me forever! You swore you would love me forever!"He got louder. I closed my eyes as tears fell. "You said we were forever! You don't get to break that! Y/N, you don't get to leave me alone!"

I held my breath as I prayed he would just leave. As I prayed this wasn't for nothing.

"No! Let me go! Let me save her!"He demanded as his yells grew fainter. That's good then. If it hurts I don't want him to hear me scream out in pain.

So I remained silent, standing against the door. Right on time too, because they were here, and they wanted through.

Standing my ground, I guarded it with my body. As expected they didn't like that as the clawed at me so I could move.

Sobbing. Only now did I start sobbing.

They didn't like this either as they bit at my arms and legs. They were sinking my teeth into my abdomen, ripping me apart while I was still breathing. They didn't like being quick. They like to torture.

And now I was screaming. Only when it was too late did I realize I wanted to live. I finally realized that I wanted a forever. That I wanted that life I had planned with Aris.

They started grasping for my neck making my vision blurred as it was almost over. Only then did the memories and what we could have been flash through my mind.

° ° °

"You're a boy,"I gasped, not knowing how to react as I jumped in the box to pull up the new Blondie. He gave me a funny look at the obvious statement.

"Right. Uh, let's get you out of here and warmed up. You look cold,"I offered, holding out my hand. He stared at it, then at me, before slowly accepting.

"You're going to be okay Blondie. You're going to be just fine,"I promised, helping him out. Immediately, everyone was surrounding him and asking questions.

"Back to work. All of you,"I commanded. They complained about it under their breath and whispered to each other as they walked away.

"Sorry about that. We've never gotten a boy before so you're practically a new species,"I explained, giving him a small smile. He didn't speak, but he gave me one back, and that was enough.