A Few More Seconds (Part 1)

Aris's P.O.V

I gazed at Y/N from across the fire. She smiled at something someone said. I didn't bother to see who as my eyes never left her.

"Aris. Wake up,"Harriet said, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"I am,"I responded, pulling my eyes away from Y/N. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"I meant stop being all love sick,"She clarified. I already knew that but pretending I didn't was so much easier.

"I am not,"I lied. Harriet shot me a look.

"I'm not,"I repeated. She just sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you just go talk to her? I know you want to,"She pushed.

"I do talk to her,"I defended.

"Hardly and definitely not about what you want to tell her. Just go sit with her.”

I glanced back over at Y/N who was still beaming brighter than the sun. She was without a doubt perfect. At least, she always would be in my eyes.

"Go on. It's not like she'd ever turn you away,"Harriet pointed out. I just sat there as I went over whether this was a good idea. Finally, I decided there was nothing to lose.

"Yeah. I should talk to her,"I agreed, turning to look at Harriet. Her face had completely dropped before as she stared over my shoulder. I followed her eyes to see what she was looking at.

Once I did I hated it. With that same smile on her face Y/N was sitting there with someone else's hoodie.

"Oh,"I muttered, not knowing what else to say.

"Maybe they're just friends?"Harriet tried to suggest. I just shrugged as I felt my heart breaking into a million pieces.

"I'm going to get some sleep. Night Harriet,"I mumbled, walking off. I didn't bother to look at her as I did.

I really should have. If I did maybe I would have seen Y/N roll her eyes before handing the guy his jacket back. Maybe, just maybe, I would have seen her looking around for me.

If I had just stayed a few more seconds I could have gotten the girl of my dreams that night.