♡ secrets - ot8

life was a little boring before you met your eight best friends.

but when you met them, oh did your everything change.

you had chan, the oldest. he was very patient, and was the person you always went to go talk to if you had an issue with anything.

minho, dance leader and part time chef. the guy you joked around with at all times because you loved his sense of humor.

changbin, your loud best friend and girl group enthusiast. you always learned new dances with him, and y'all killed every single one.

hyunjin, the artist and drama king. you both often fought to be either most dramatic or most sassy. guess who won?

jisung, the loud introvert and comedian of the group. he also liked to draw. you loved it when he would show you a random doodle he made.

felix, the baker and tiktok king. you two liked to spend time baking and talking about social media and twice.

seungmin, the other comedian of the group. his random but perfectly timed jokes never failed to make you guys laugh.

jeongin, the youngest. he loves fashion and constantly helps you when you're in need of a good outfit.

they all just fit together. they've known each other for so long, and you'd just met them about a year ago. sometimes you feel a little left out when they bring up an old memory and you have no clue what they're talking about, but at least one of them always explains the backstory to you.

the only problem was, you were leaving in seperate countries. you've been trying to move to south korea for quite a while, but you didn't have enough money right now. (sorry if you live there already)

they talked to you regularly. but lately that regularly has been not so regular. you were thinking that maybe their schedule had been getting a little more hectic, so perhaps they had no time to talk?

yeah. that made sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you were an overthinker. everyone knows that. you're currently stressing out about several hundreds of things right now. one thing, for example, was this stupid essay that was due tomorrow. you really hated this job.

oh, and you were stressing out about your best friends barely talking to you.

as the days passed by, and the boys started talking to you less and less. you realized how big of a role they played in your life. were you nothing without them? were you too dependent on them?

no, you're overthinking again.

are you?

maybe they didn't want to talk to you anymore. had you done something wrong?

yes, maybe you did.

that would make sense, right?

you needed to pay attention to the essays you had to write, not the way your best friends had been ghosting you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(felix's pov)

"when can we tell y/n? im tired of keeping this from them..." i sighed. "we all are, felix, but we just need to wait a little longer, okay?" chan assured us all. i felt so bad about keeping this from y/n. all of us did. but chan said it'd be best if we didn't talk to them at all for a "little while". he didn't want one of us to tell them what was really going on.

i want to tell them.

should i?

no. i can't. we're the only ones who know, and chan would know someone snitched.

sorry, y/n.

(y/n's pov)

another day passed. still, no messages. jisung and felix's birthday will arrive soon. will they talk to you then?

while you were thinking again, you got a call from chan.

"hello?" he asked. you were mad at them, but at the same time you weren't. what if what was going on was out of their control?

"hi, channie," you said. "why have you all been ignoring me?" chan was silent for a moment. it's not like he didn't know you wouldn't ask this question. but he didn't know how to respond without it sounding stupid.

"we've been keeping something from you, y/n." oh great. "um, we didn't want to accidentally tell you the secret, so we just didn't contact you." now it was your turn to be silent. chan knew for sure it sounded stupid now. "listen, we figured out a way to get you to live in korea with us. you'd be close to the dorms and right now everything is paid for. we're sorry for not telling you."

they're paying for you to go to korea?

"i- wait. why keep it a secret?" chan sighed, "well, idk. we thought you loved the element of surprise?"

you were finally going to move to korea. all thanks to your friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

today was the day. you were finally going to see your eight best friends in real life.

you hesitantly knocked on the door, and changbin, with his cute messy curly hair, opened the door. "y/n! come in!" he said, hugging you.

your day was wonderful. it was all laughs and happiness.

now you could spend more time with the eight men you loved the most.

--------------------------

that was so long omg im sorry 😭

kinda bad, but i didn't know what to do for an ot8 story

thanks for 10.7k reads!!!! this is a little gift :)

p.s.

i miss chan's room :(