★ hometown - hyunjin

requested by YunaSilbermann

when you received the sudden news that you had to go back to your hometown, you were excited to see your family again.

but when you read how long you were supposed to be staying, you already knew that you would miss your boyfriend.

"hyunjin!" you called.

"yes?" he asked, walking into the room.

"sit down, i have something to tell you." once you said that, his face turned as if he was scared of what your next words would be.

"what's up?"

"um so... im going back home," you started.

"oh, okay! for how long?"

"uh... a year."

immediately his expression changed into one of pure surprise.

"a fuck- a year?!"

"yeah..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(flashback)

you weren't originally from south korea (if you are pretend you aren't), you moved here after having dreams of exploring the world.

after visiting a few countries, you decided to see south korea next. it was a country you've always dreamt of going to.

on your second day there, you walked into an art museum to see a cute guy with his hair pulled into a ponytail. he had on a pair of glasses that really suited him, along with an outfit that looked expensive. he seemed interested in what he was looking at.

you must've zoned out when you were looking at him because after a while you heard him speak.

"um... did you want to see this one? sorry if i've been taking too long-"

"no! you haven't been taking too long at all i just thought you were cute- i mean-"

he smiled, "i think you're pretty cute too."

and after a few weeks and constant talking you two became a couple, and you decided to officially move to south korea.

(end of flashback)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"okay, well fuck. how many days until you have to leave?"

"uh, three."

"damn, on such short notice? fuck, okay. well we're gonna do fun shit tomorrow. okay?"

"okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the next day, you and hyunjin put on matching outfits. he drove you to the park, and you guys had a mini picnic with kkami.

it was going well until you realized how much you would miss both of them.

"you okay, love?"

"yeah, i just wish you could go with me."

"it's gonna be okay, we'll figure it out as we go," he reassured you, placing a kiss on your lips, to which kkami barked.

"damn, i can't kiss my s/o now?" hyunjin asked kkami.

kkami growled at that, which made both of you laugh.

"don't get jealous, kkami, i love you more than him," you giggled, picking him up.

"hey!" hyunjin smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~

the next day, hyunjin took you around the city, stopping wherever you wanted to.

you guys walked into a mall, and if you even looked at something for too long he was gonna buy it for you.

"what? this is the last time im gonna be able to spoil you for a while."

he took you to all your favorite stores and even bought you two matching necklaces.

"to remind you that a part of me is always with you, okay?"

"shut up! don't make me cry in this store!" you said, which made him laugh.

you both put your necklaces on after they were paid for, and they looked really nice.

"where to next?"

"hyunjin, stop wasting your money on me."

"just one last place, okay?" he smirked, wherever he was gonna take you next, he obviously was gonna spend a lot of money.

that last place was the album store, and he bought most of your favorite albums.

he just loved seeing your face after he surprised you with something. you were adorable to him, and he was gonna miss seeing that cute face you make.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the last day you came home from work to see a trail of flowers on the floor.

you followed them to the kitchen, and saw hyunjin had made your favorite food.

he had that ponytail and those glasses he wore when he first met you.

"hear you go, my love," he said, he looked so pretty. like he always did.

you sat down at the table with him, but not before he gave you a rose.

"gosh, hyun, i promise you're trying to make me cry!" you said, trying your hardest not to let a tear fall.

he giggled, "i swear im not!"

you ate the last meal that you would have with him for a while. you tried your best not to think about how long it would be until you got to do this again.

"im really gonna miss you and kkami," you sighed, looking down at the floor to see kkami chewing on some toy.

"im gonna miss you too, but i promise i'll call you everyday, okay?"

"okay," you agreed, nodding your head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

you got up really early the next morning to get ready to leave on time.

you said your goodbyes to kkami before hyunjin drove you to the airport.

once you got out of the car, you hugged him, probably the tightest you ever had, and gave him a kiss.

you didn't really care if anyone was staring at you two, you loved your boyfriend, and that's all that mattered.

"bye, hyun," you cried.

"bye, love," he said, wiping both of your tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

you arrived safely back home.

he called you everyday like he said he would.

"kkami misses you! he wouldn't miss me this much if i had to leave," he huffed, mumbling the last part.

you laughed, "i miss him too. how are you doing?"

"fine, i guess," he sighed, "hurry up and come back soon!"

"i promise i'll be back before you know it. i'll call you back later, they're calling me for dinner."

"i love you," he said.

"i love you more," you respond.

"no! i love you more."

"no, i love you more so-"

"y/n! get down here already!"

"oh shit, bye!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sooo like i said i had to take an exam today unfortunately which is why this is a little late

anyway, what was your fav hair color/hairstyle hyunjin has had?

thanks for 61.1k reads!!! <333