Endless Nights - Liam

warning this is kinda sad oops

————

'You promised you'd be there whenever I needed you,

Whenever I call your name you're not anywhere,

I'm trying to hold on, just waiting to hear your voice,

One word, just a word will do to end this nightmare'

Liam thrashed in his bed from another nightmare. Sweat dampened his face and his eyes were squeezed shut. His limbs shook faintly and his mouth moved in fear.

"Liam, watch out!"

 Everything started to go in slow motion. (Y/N)'s eyes were wide open in horror as she threw herself at her boyfriend before the Beserker's bony sword could hit his skin. But her action came with a sacrifice.

Liam landed on the ground with a thud, dirt covering his body and confused face. He rolled and looked up just in time to see the creature retrieve its dagger from (Y/N)'s stomach. At that moment it were as if all of Liam's pains went away - every cut, bruise, or other agonies were forgotten as he rushed to get to her side. (Y/N) fell to her knees and then to her stomach. Liam turned her over, brushing the hair and mud off her face. He cradled her upper body in his lap.

"(Y/N)? Baby?" Liam called out, tears stinging his eyes as he searched for sign of life. (Y/N) rolled her head slightly, letting out a small groan of pain.

Her face looked more calm than Liam had wished. She bore a distant pained look as she kept her eyes on Liam's.

"Liam.." She muttered.

"Yes? I'm right here. Y-You're gonna be okay." He tried to reassure, his voice shaking with every word. "Scott! Help! Do something!"

"You're lying," She replied. "It's alright."

"No, no, it's not alright, you're gonna be okay, okay?"

By that time Scott had come to the scene with urgency, and his heart dropped at the familiar scene in front of him.

One lover dying in the other's arms.

He couldn't help but feel such a strong sense of deja vu. It literally felt as if he were looking at himself not too long ago, with Allison in his arms.

"No, it's okay. Really, Liam."

Scott bent down next to his beta, who tried to take her pain away. He held onto her arm tightly as his veins turned black and he groaned in agonizing pain.

"Liam, stop, it's alright." (Y/N) tried to shake her arm from his grip, but it only moved half a centimeter away.

"No! Please, (Y/N), no," Liam whimpered. "Scott?"

"I could give her the bite, but, it might not work." He said truthfully.

"Please, just try!"

Scott lifted her weak arm and bit into it, her face contorting into even more pain. At that point, the rest of the pack surrounded the scene and watched with broken hearts. (Y/N), although as human as can be, had been an important member of the pack ever since Liam introduced her. Instead of fighting skills, she brought optimism, reassurance, comfort and water bottles to the meetings, battles, and to the pack members individually. But what hurt the most was that anyone could see how much Liam loved her and she loved Liam. Their strong relationship was estimated to last forever. They were that one highschool sweetheart couple that was expected to get married and have kids and live happily ever after.

Liam looked down at (Y/N) worriedly, looking for any indications of healing, but to no avail.

"I-My body is rejecting it." She said faintly. "I love you, Liam-"

"No!" He shouted, tears falling endlessly from his once bright eyes. "You-You're gonna live!"

Scott placed a sympathetic hand on Liam's shaking shoulder.

"No, Liam," She said, strained. "I love you, okay? I'll always be with you. Whenever you need me, I will be with you. I love you."

Liam sobbed vigorously. "I love you. I love you so much."

(Y/N) gave a faint smile. "I love you. Tell the pack I loved them as well." She said, and her body visibly started relaxing down. "I love you."

Her last words gave Liam goosebumps as her eyes closed and gave her last breath. Liam sobbed harder.

"No! (Y/N), please wake up!" He sobbed into her chest. "No.."

Liam flailed around his bed and woke with a start. His eyes pried open as wide as they go, and his breathing was shallow and quick, as if he had just run a marathon without stopping. He reached over to turn his side lamp on as his dream set in and he came to reality. His face contorted into an expression of sadness and tears blurred his vision.

Placing his head in his hands, he began to sob.

"(Y/N)," He moaned out. "Please come back."

He knew well enough that there was nobody there, and that he would not get a response. But he called out just in hope, to try and hear her voice or feel her presence in some way.

"You-You promised you'd be with me." He muttered, wiping his tears from his face.

This was the fifth consecutive nightmare this week. He'd had one every day since she was killed, five days ago in Mexico. She risked her own human life for his. Liam could barely live with himself.

"You promised..." He muttered before crawling back into his bed, holding his covers up to mask his whole body but leaving his head out. Although he was no longer tired, he just laid and thought about how his life was going to be without you, and all the endless nights he would go through, thinking about you.

[yes the song is from Lion King the Musical SUE ME

but yeah hope you like it

my friend told me to do something sad so

ta-da

idk if i did okay im not used to writing this sad of stuff

but yeah

hope you like it

request

comment

like

have a good day

ily]