Derek Imagine for Hannah

Everyone knew that Derek wasn't always a happy camper. His life has been a ride of ups and downs. But the second he laid his eyes on you as you as you were running in the woods for a workout, he thought you were peculiar. The way you carried yourself and the expression on your face intrigued and interested him. When he caught up to you, both of you running the same trail, he was impressed by your personality and intelligence. He smiled genuinely for the first time in a while. Something inside of you, too, was intrigued by him. You couldn't deny the likeness you had all of a sudden for this arrogant and astute yet kind and considerate person. He asked you out to coffee after the run, and you happily agreed. 

And here you were.

Somehow, you trusted him enough to let him drive you, knowing in your head that he wasn't some kind of menacing kidnapper, which was rare. You were an independent person whose trust was rather hard to earn. You were even surprised by yourself that you trusted him this much. 

But here you were.

"So, I never really got your name," He said in a suggestive tone.

"Hannah. And yours?"

"Derek." He smiled.

You admired his smile. It showed happiness, humbleness and joy and laughter, but at the same time it portrayed a secretive and powerful manner. But you liked that.

"It's nice to meet you, Derek." You smiled.

"Likewise." He grinned and licked his lips. "So what were you doing running in the middle of the woods on a Tuesday morning?" 

You cocked an eyebrow. "Just jogging. The trail I used to take was getting old. I could ask the same thing to you also, Derek."  You asked him with a laugh.

He smirked. "It's the trail I always run. It's conveniently right by my living quarters." 

You laughed. He laughed. The both of you had a conversation and laughter filled little date, well, at least you counted it as a date. When you were both out of new topics and the coffee in your drink was at the brink of dying out, you both got up. 

"Well, Hannah, I had a lot of fun. I'd love to do this again sometime soon." Derek addressed. He prayed in his head that he wasn't moving too fast, or else she'd think he was creepy and wouldn't want to talk to him ever again. He longed for a friend (or more-than-friend) who wasn't a supernatural or an absolute spaz, someone he could just talk to. Where he didn't have to worry about any mystic problems going on. He could talk about normal things like sports or the news or that one famous person who's landed themselves in jail.

You liked him, also. So really, he had nothing to worry about. You appreciated his affection for her and his hobbies. The way he spoke about things was so profound that it could rival with the world's best author. He was knowledgeable, strong, brave, kind. All those things you admired in a man. 

"I would love to. Maybe after another run, anything going on Thursday?" She asked, biting her lip.

He shook his head. "Nothing for me. If there is, I'll clear it up."

She laughed. "Well, see you Thursday, Derek."

"See you Thursday."

Yours and Derek's relationship sprouted into a very special one, and to think it all happened with a run and some coffee.

[[hope you liked it Hannah!]]