chapter two: a normal day?

I had just finished getting changed from skating this morning. Eva couldn't show up because she got hammered last night. She was being stupid as fuck and went to a club, and of course I was the one who had to tell Val the following morning that she was too hungover to show up.

I catch the bus back to our dorm. I had to go to statistics so I dropped my bag and left.

The class was in Betman hall so I had a ten minute walk. I did pass the hockey arena where the hockey team would usually play if it weren't under repair.

While walking, I search up Quinn's Instagram to do a little more stalking.

Why bother Gen? You only saw him once, and had one conversation that lasted for a minute.

I don't care, I'm following him.

I click the button and get off my phone so I can focus on getting to my class on time.

I observe the trees with their vibrant yellow, orange and red leaves.

Finally, I arrive at the hall and sit in my spot. Kayde was already there.

"You are almost late." He says.

"Oopsies, I guess I wasn't paying attention to the time." I reply while getting my notebooks and MacBook out of my backpack.

Great time to ask him about Quinn..

"Soo, why was a famous NHL defensemen sitting in the rink with you guys?" I ask.

"Oh Quinn? He's our new assistant coach. He's recovering from a shoulder injury so he still cant play for his team."

He's here for a while huh? I raise my eyebrows in interest.

"Don't even try anything with him Gen, he has a girlfriend."

I only have talked to him once and seen him once and still my heart drops into my stomach. It's like when you hear bad news that doesn't matter to you, but deep inside, It hurts.

"I'm not trying anything with him Kayde. Just because I'm single doesn't mean I'm going to be a homewrecker.

"Ok, well just checking because I know you." he turns and gets everything set up for the upcoming lecture.

"Alright everyone, can you pull your notebooks and or laptops out? I am going to start this lecture." Says Professor Moody as he walks into the hall.

well, this is going to be fun. Two full hours of continuous typing and writing on my computer.

________________________________________________________________________________

those two hours felt like they lasted days. I felt like I was starving the whole lecture when i had a granola bar at the start.

We were finally walking out of the hall.

"I had to miss out on some dryland for this.." Kayde says to me as we continue moving.

"Wanna go walk past where they are and mock them?" I felt mischievous.

"Bet!" he smiles and he tells me where they are.

Wait, if its the team then Quinn would be there right?

idiot. he has a girlfriend.

I don't care, I want to see him again.

My thoughts battle with each other as we make our way to the gymnasium on campus.

The Gym has a glass wall, so you can see people walking in the front lobby of the building.

As we approach, I consider backing out of this not wanting to see Quinn and get involved with him.