chapter three: game night

after getting back to my dorm from Bio-Chem, my head felt like a rock. These days I swear I get no sleep.

Just as I was about to fall into a deep sleep, Eva bursts into the room beaming with excitement.

I groan and sit myself up on my small bed. "What's got you all exited?" I ask.

"A guy on the hockey team just asked me out!"

Oh? Since when did she like hockey guys?

"Oh my god!! Who?"

"Landon Reech!" She says excitedly.

"Oh my.."

The reason that I'm hesitant is because I've heard stories of him being a man whore.

"Yeah, he's taking me out for drinks later tonight. I'm so exited!" She squeals and walks over to her wardrobe to pick what she wants to wear.

"I had another conversation with Quinn today.."

"Ooh!" She then thinks a bit. "Oh. Gen he has a girlfriend. He barely posts about her though." She says.

"Well im not exactly going for him. He's handsome and all and I would totally date him but ever since Kayde told me about his girlfriend, I gave up on that thought."

"I mean girl if you see a moment where you can get with him then why not?" She says while putting her tops in front of her body by the mirror.

"I don't want to be a homewrecker."  I meant that, I truly didn't want to be one of those hoes that did that.

"Anyways change of subject, Quinn actually invited me to their game tomorrow. I'm bringing you with me. Don't get hammered." Eva stopped trying stuff on and turned to me.

"I won't babe I promise. Now that I'm going to go out with Landon it would be perfect!"

"Well you have to see if you like him Ev." I say.

—————————————————————————
Eva had left for her date after she took forever to choose her clothes. I can't even spend five minutes looking at clothing.

Bored, I decide to pull out my phone and watch The Office.

God that show was like therapy to me. (Apart from my actual therapist)

Michael is so funny and it cheers me up watching that show. It's like the worries from the day float away when I watch it. Anyways...

Before I did open up Netflix, I went on instagram to see what everyone was up to these days.

Do you know how Instagram sometimes suggests people to follow? Well, I accidentally found Quinn's girlfriend.

Her page was public, so I was able to look at everything she's posted . She's literally posted nothing about Quinn. I've only talk to him a few times, but he seems like such a nice guy. Hopefully she's treating him right.

I exit Instagram and I turn on the office. Eventually, I fall asleep, leaving my thoughts to wander in my head.

—————————————————————————-
I wake up the next morning with Eva passed out on the floor. She's snoring like really loudly. kind of annoying to be honest.

I then remember that today was the hockey game.

On a negative note, skating is later today instead of this morning. I don't even mind early practices. It wakes me up.

I only have one class today and after that was over I couldn't spend a long while getting my outfit ready for the game tonight.

I want to kind of support my friend you know? Kayde gave me one of his jerseys. I hope nobody thinks we're a couple.

Even though Quinn's not even playing in this game, a question popped into my head. Will Quinn's girlfriend come?

And it sucks that he's on the injured list, but he has to let his shoulder heal.

I drag myself out of bed, and order some DoorDash because I was very lazy this morning.

Ordering breakfast turned out to be a very good decision on my part. It was very good. I made sure to order a little extra for Eva. when she woke up of course.

I'm surprised at me walking around in and out of the dorm didn't wake her up but she must've gotten fucked last night.

I was kind of excited to see how her date went. Are guys on the team actually nice? Most hockey boys are man whores.

I had my outfit all ready for the game, and I had my outfit for class today.

I had to leave in twenty minutes to catch a bus to the building I need to be in.

I didn't even want to go to this class, I kind of just wanted to go to the game. Was I going to support Kayde Kayde or was I going to see someone else?

He has a fucken girlfriend Gen. What the hell are you doing?

I don't even know her that well, but from the lack of posting him on her social media raises some questions for me.

—————————————————————————

I was finally done with the one class that I had today, and took the bus back to my dorm. I'm sure by this time Eva was up and dug into her breakfast.

Hopefully she was getting ready for the game too. To be honest I was nervous, but it was still hours away so I didn't worry too much.

I open the door room door to Eva on her phone. She looks up and thanks me for getting her breakfast.

"How was your little date?"

"It was.. amazing. He's such a nice guy." She gushes over him for the next twenty minutes straight I swear.

—————————————————————————
Eva and I have gotten ready.

She wore a UBC hoodie and some mom jeans while I decided to wear a nice dark pinkish red knit sweater with some jeans as well.

"Are you going to a middle aged mom book club?" She asks after looking at me.

"Bitch seriously? You know my sense in fashion is shit." I say frowning.

"Just wear a school hoodie and show some spirit! Plus it might warm Quinn's heart."

"I already told you I don't like him." I snap. Well not in an aggressive way.

"Girl, you have gushed over his brown eyes how many times to me?!" Snapping back.

She did get me there. Fuck. Welp.

"We have to leave now if we want to catch the bus." I say as I'm pulling my school sweater over my head."

"Alright." She answers as she starts walking out the door.

The bus ride is excruciating because all I'm thinking about it Quinn having a girlfriend. I can't even control it.

We get to the arena. It's packed but we can still see groups of seats open.

Eva and I sit in some seats right next to the Home bench.

Quinn and I make eye contact as the players are warming up on the ice.

He then looks at his phone.

There he goes to text his girlfriend.

I look at my feet in disappointment.

Why did i bother coming here..?

My phone then vibrates.

Instagram: quinnhughes sent a message!

Quinn: nice to see you here

—————————————————————————-

A/N

So I need to come up with big things that are going to happen in the future lol.

I promise I'll try to update frequently but after school starts, I doubt I'll be able to do it but I'll still try and find free time 😍