chapter twenty eight - on thin ice

"𝔸 ℂ𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕟𝕠 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕕𝕠𝕖𝕤𝕟'𝕥 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕙𝕖'𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕥..."

✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾
Gen

"Hurry up G!" Yells Jack as he twists and turns on the frozen lake.

"Give me a second Hack!" I call out to him.

Yes I know that name is weird for Jack to be calling me because I'm seeing his brother but I just let it be.

We were on the lake that was in front of the Hughes lake house. It was pretty cold outside so everyone was all dressed up.

I was on the side where there are some benches, putting on the hockey skates that Ellen so graciously let me borrow.

"You take forever." Quinn walks up behind me with a pair of skates in his hand that he was holding by the blades.

"Well I barely ever wear hockey skates.." I say dryly. He lets out an awkward laugh.

Quinn sits down beside me, and kisses me on the cheek. I do nothing, I was kind of miffed at him. He doesn't know what he wants. I feel like he's lost in his mind. He knows he loves me, but in a way is still hung over his ex.

I guess he realized that i wasn't in the best mood towards him. "Look... about last night." He starts talking.

"I don't want to talk about it, Quinn." I say as I keep working on my skate laces. I was almost done with my last skate before I go out to join the two brothers that were currently skating around, competing in some game with each other.

"You sprung it on me in the middle of the night Genevieve!" He starts to raise his voice.

Jesus, he even used my full name, he isn't my mom or dad. I roll my eyes thinking about that to myself.

I stop working on the skate and straighten myself out. "We've been sleeping together and hanging out for how long now Quinn? Don't you feel anything?" I keep my voice low but still raise it a little to let him know that I wasn't happy with him at all.

"Gen.. just hear me out okay?" He looks at me by I don't look him in the eyes so I could stay mad at him. If I looked into those brown eyes I'd disintegrate into a million little pieces.

I ignore him and finally finish tying everything up and making sure I was comfortable. I stand up and start stepping onto the ice. Before I can get a foot on, I feel a tug on my arm.

"Gen, don't do this right now.. it's not a good place or time." Quinn spews.

"You are right, Quintain. I don't feel like talking about it anymore. Just go inside." I turn back around and jerk my arm out of his tight grip.

"Fine!" He yells as I step onto the lake.

He didn't even get a single skate on, he just talked the entire time.

Jack hurriedly skates over to me.

"Everything alright with him?" He asks.

I put a soft smile on my face and just nod. "I hope so," I say and try to skate. "It feels so weird not being on figure skates.." I giggle and look down at my feet.

Figure skates feel so much different then hockey skates. You don't have a toe pick, and the blade is thinner. It's almost like it's chunkier. That's how my feet feel at least.