chapter twenty: dads home

𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕝𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖..

✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾
Gen

Eva had left to go shopping with her mom after we finished ranting about our stupid boy problems. I feel like an eighth grader gossiping when I bitch about things to her, and it's nice to have someone like her since I only grew up with Benjamin.

I lay there on my bed staring at the ceiling, bored out of my mind. I hear a knock on my door seconds later.

I roll my eyes, and slowly get off of the comfortable bed to see who was there.

"Who is it?" I ask through the door.

"Uh it's Kayde."

Honestly the best timing.

I smile and open the door revealing Kayde with his hands in his pockets. His was hair messy and damp.

"Come on," I wave my hand inviting him in.

He immediately jumps onto Eva's bed. "I was bored so I decided to drop by on the way back from hockey." Kayde grabs the LED remote off of Eva's night stand and turns the boring white room into a an ocean.

"I love the blue." I say as I open my MacBook. I was so bored at the moment but had to check if I was being stupid and was missing some work.

"It feels like forever since we've hung out." He says.

I nod in agreement. "Yeah, I guess skating and hockey have been taking up so much time," I let up in the bed. "Oh my god so much has happened since we've last talked." I get exited as I prepare to spill everything to Kayde.

He sits up and places his back on the wall. I'm never going to admit this to him but he is very handsome when he tries to focus on something.

"Ok, so remember Rachael?" I tie up my hair to get it out of my face and wait for him to answer.

"Yeah, she was giving off bitch vibes when she went out on that quote on quote 'date' with us." Kayde rolls his eyes. "Why?" He asks.

"Well, great fucking news, her and Quinn are over!" I clap to accentuate that fact. Kayde smirks.

"Oh, so that means you and Quinn?.. are.." he raises an eyebrow.

"Oh,  no.. no no no.. nothing has happened between us.." I say without making eye contact with him because I was lying a little bit.

"You're fucking lying... look at me dead in the eyes and tell me nothing has happened." He says with a straight face, I can tell he's not actually mad, he's just  trying to get the truth out of me.

"Well.. if cuddling counts as 'something' then I guess, but either-" Kayde cuts me off.

"Gen, cuddling is something. Do you have feelings for him?" He smiles at me.

"I mean I don't know.. i- maybe but doesn't it seem too early for him to get into another relationship when he just got out of a sort of long term relationship?" I ask his for opinion.