chapter 7: what do we do now?

Kayde and I were back in my dorm. Eva was gone with Landon. It was time to figure out what to do now that Quinn thinks we were dating.

"Well, I guess now you have to come to all of my games and wear my jerseys too." Kayde says.

"Let's put this down on paper because you know me, I'm forgetful." I scotch my but across my rug out of laziness to my desk to pull out a piece of paper along with a book and pencil.

"We can't tell anyone that this is fake, it'll be embarrassing and humiliating as hell." I say.

"Well we're not exactly public yet. You only said something to Quinn and Rachael. We shouldn't freak out." Kayde tries to talk to me and stop my thoughts from going crazy.

"Maybe we only need to act like a couple in front of Quinn.." I think. I scratch my head from an itch. Maybe itching my head will put a good fucking idea in my brain.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. It's not To All the Boys I've Loved Before. We don't need to fool the whole University. " I add.

"It'll be less pressure on us also. But still, you need to come to all games now, and half the time we practice either before you have to skate."

"Okay so we have this down pat, if we are meeting with Quinn or are seeing Quinn, we have to act like we are together." I say as I write down everything on a paper.

"Deal." Says Kayde.

We shake hands jokingly and then I hit him in the arm and laugh.

"Hey, that hurt!" He exclaims.

—————————————————————————

It was now time to study for my BioChem quiz that I had tomorrow. I had a class this morning that left me with minimal homework. I'm glad because I have a practice in a few hours so I won't have to rush anything.

Eva was apparently "on her way back from Landon's" like an hour ago. It doesn't take that long but couples are weird so whatever.

I take in the smell of the paper and start with some basic elements and compounds.

As I keep writing things in my notepad, I get a text from Quinn.

Quinn 🏒
I'm bored lol

                                                                          Gen 🤪
          Can't help you there buster, I'm busy studying. Go and hang out with Rachael..

Quinn 🏒
She's out apparently hanging with her friends, she does it a lot. I never see any of them post with her since they go out so much. You're my only hope 😭

                                                  Gen 🤪
That's odd, but still I am studying Quinn I literally can't help you...😡 I'm sorrrrryyyy

Quinn🏒
fuck studying, can we go somewhere please?? I'm bored sitting here at home with no hockey or physio PLEASEEEEE 😎

Gen 🤪
I'll see what I can get done Quintain, be patient.

Quinn 🏒
Whoa there how do you know my full name...?

Gen 🤪
Well it's kinda easy when you have access to google Quinn 🙄 plus I mayyyyy have stalked you but you don't need to worry about it...