chapter twenty five - united again

"𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕖𝕝𝕤𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕤𝕒𝕨 𝕪𝕠𝕦."

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾

My final morning home was just the same as every other day I was here. Nothing different, and it was nothing to complain about.

As usual, I wake up around nine and as I walk down the stairs my mom is standing at the island stove cooking bacon. She smiles at me and says good morning, and as usual, I smile and take my share of breakfast and munch on it happily.

I get a text on my phone from Quinn.

Today's the day!

I don't respond and just react to his message. (Nothing bad about that, I was just focused on finishing breakfast and getting all packed up for my journey to Michigan.)

I take a look outside at the Northern Ontario snow, and admire how white and peaceful it looked.

God how I live for winter! All the fun things to do! It's a never ending list.

"So when is it that I'm driving you to the airport?" My dad speaks up from behind my startling me.

"Oh my god you scared the shit out of me!" I tell my dad, and look over to my mom who's giving me a death stare and a half right now from the sink as she washes the dishes from breakfast.

"Sorry," I mumble to my parents. "Anyways we need to leave in an hour and a half, I'm almost done packing." I reply to my dad's previous question.

He nods and walks back into the living room to watch a random hockey game on the television.

"Excited?" My mom asks me.

"Yes I am, he says the house is really nice and I even get my own bedroom." I beam.

"Sounds luxurious.. Is Quinn's mom nice? I haven't met her yet." She turns around to look at me as I continue to slowly eat my breakfast.

"Well I haven't met her yet remember? I told you this a few days ago, but I'm assuming she's a kind soul. " I laugh at her forgetting our past conversation.

"I'm getting old, cut me some slack sweetheart." She squints her eyes at me.

I look at my phone and set my mind to packing, so I drop my fork and butter knife in my plate and walk upstairs to my room.

My large blue over the  shoulder overnight bag was waiting for me to finish packing.

I already had clean clothes, extra warm clothes since it was going to be cold, and my diary. I just needed to get some things from the bathroom that my two siblings and I share down the hallway.

I put my phone charger, and cross everything else off my packing list with a purple pen that I had on my desk.

I then went into the bathroom and put all my toiletries in my clear bag that I've used for years.

"Oops, can't forget this." I say to myself as I was walking out of the bathroom with the bag and then noticed my favourite mascara lying on the brown fake granite counter.

I put it back in and go back into my room to close my bag.

I throw it gently off my double bed and lie down on it for the last time.

I feel my eyelids getting heavier, so it was probably a good time for a mid-morning nap.

I let myself fall asleep, exited for the events later today.