chapter twenty-one: no regrets

𝕀'𝕞 𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝕓𝕖𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕨𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕘' 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕕 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝...

✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾

Quinn and I are chilling in his apartment watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

We are on opposite sides of the couch right now, but our legs are touching and I know it sounds weird, but I just felt a sense of warmth and comfort having his touch.

I know you were all thinking that we immediately went into his bedroom to fuck after I arrived at his place, but we obviously didn't, we are very much still friends.

You know you do like him though, you just won't admit it to him.

I just feel like it's too early to say anything to him so I'm holding back my feelings until he says something.

We were watching the Halloween episode where Jake proposes to Amy, which makes me feel extra lonely.

"I hope captain Holt wins the heist, he hasn't won for years." Says Quinn who's focused on the TV.

"Nah man, I think that Charles should win for once.. maybe something big will happen at the end of the episode." I smile to myself and continue to watch the episode.

"Also we have a new trainer coming into town for the rest of the season, he has a familiar last name.." Quinn looks at me with a hopeful smile.

"It just so happens that my dad was hired.. for the Canuck's.." I return the grin, and he jumps up and attacks me with a hug causing me to let out a loud giggle.

His arms wrap around my waist and he pushes me into the couch. I return the hug and put my arms around his neck, and we just stay like that. I draw shapes on his back.

Eventually he pulls away, leaving us face to face with not much space between our lips. His eyes sparkle from the light of the TV, and look at me with a gentle stare.

I don't know what got into me, I felt a knot in my stomach, almost like butterflies but good ones.

He looks into my eyes, and then down at my lips. The distance between our faces slowly gets smaller and smaller each millisecond.

Our lips finally connect. The moment I've been waiting for. We are both in sync and equally as passionate.

His hands travel down my thigh, and I just go with it, there was nothing to lose here.

He pulls away.

"You know how long I've been waiting to do that?" He smiles and our eyes meet, but this time I feel a genuine spark, and I grin.

"You speak my mind." I reply.

He then gets up off of the couch, and gives me about a half second  to comprehend what he was about to do.

He picks me up bridal style and goes into a hall that leads into his bedroom. "Quinn!" I let out a giggle as he walks.

We get into his bedroom. The walls are painted grey and he has hockey jerseys hung up all over the place. It speaks Quinn.