chapter seventeen: questions

"𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕒 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕, 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕒 𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕖𝕕𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕞 𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥"

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾
Gen

"I can't believe that she actually fucking did that." Eva says as she sips  her mocha latte. "I know right? I pretty much warned him. I said that she might have been cheating but he didn't want to listen to me." I roll my eyes in my seat. Eva and I were at the cafe where Kayde and I went on that double date with Quinn and Rachael.

You might ask what happened the next day after Quinn came to the dorm.

He woke up really early for someone with a horrible hangover and went home. I don't even know how he got home, I doubt he drive from the bar to the dorm. That would not have ended well.

I guess we'll never know. I don't know if me and Quinn are actually good again. He hasn't texted me at all.

"A bitch like her doesn't deserve Quinn at all. She's going to get bit in the ass one day." Eva laughs to herself.

"I wonder if he's actually broken up with her. Holy shit what if he fucking forgives her?" My thoughts start to cloud up.

"Gen, I don't think he will. Quinn isn't like that." Eva tries to say as she keeps stuffing her mouth with a breakfast sandwich.

"I don't know, he seemed to back her up a lot. I hope he'll be smart." I sigh.

"Anyways enough about Quinn, we have to be at the rink in like an hour, we should go and get changed."

Eva gets up from her seat and goes to the counter to pay for her food and drinks. I continue to sit there and dwell on Quinn. I just can't get him out of my mind, I don't know why it's so hard.

"Gen? We need to leave so get up." Eva waves her hand in front of my face to catch my attention.

"Jesus okay." I get up out of the chair and head over to the counter to pay.

—————————————————————————-

The walk back was excruciating. It was cold as hell outside. I guess if we don't want to freeze our asses off we need to save up for a car. Thinking about that makes me roll my eyes.

Eva and I finally get back to the dorm. We have enough time to catch a bus if we hurry up. I quickly take some Lululemon tights and a hoodie and go into the bathroom to change.

I take one look at myself in the mirror and realize that todays skate wasn't going to be as good as I wanted it to be considering I'm coming off of a gold medal at that competition.

Everything going on in my life  is literally sending me into a mental spiral.

I get my clothes on and open the door to see Eva changed and on FaceTime with Landon.

"Eva we need to leave.." I say quietly.

She looks up from her phone. "Just a sec, you go to the bus stop I'll catch up to you." She brushes me off and I just leave so I'm not late. If she is late it's not my problem. I'm not in the mood to get in shit from my coach.

I walk down the stairs at a quick pace. I almost tripped over my feet and fell, but caught my balance in time.

Jesus world, why  do you need to hate me right now.

I speed walk to the bus station and luckily I hadn't missed the bus, but Eva would. I didn't know when it was going to leave but I hoped that Eva would be smart to start running to get to the bus.

I take a Seat and look out the window wondering if I should just stay home.

You really shouldn't, you'd get in some major shit.

To my surprise, I finally see Eva huffing and puffing to get on the bus. Lucky for her we hadn't left yet.

She takes a breath and walks on the bus, with her face red as a tomato. She plops down next to me and places her bag between her legs.

"You're so lucky that we didn't leave." I laugh quietly at her.

"I literally just hung up on him, he wasn't even paying attention to me.. he was talking ti his other friend so I just was like fuck him and left." She explains.

The bus starts rolling forward and leaves towards the rink. I look out the window and hope that I'll pull myself together.

—————————————————————————-

"Gen, I have a new move I want you to try." Val says to me as I take a drink from my yeti. Eva gives me a smirk.

"Oh, what is it?" I ask her. 

"It's not too complicated, but it we add it to your routine, it'll impress everyone." She goes on.

She explains it to me and then I try it. It substitutes an easier spin that I have in my routine already.

The move requires a Juno, and I guess I need to sharpen my skates because I lost an edge on landing and fell on my ass.

"Ah shit, my ass took a hit." I laugh awkwardly.

"You'll get it, it's not too hard. You just need to get your skates sharpened." Val says.

That was the last thing I had to do. It was Eva's turn to  do her routine and get blasted by Val.

I get off the ice exhausted from the skate, rubbing my lower back. I wasn't expecting a small fall like that to hurt so much, I've fallen way harder over the years.

I sit on the bench where I left my bag, and start to untie my laces.

I take off my leg warmers and my legs feel bare and cold.

I put my jacket back on and pick my bag back up. I didn't feel like waiting for a bus to come so I decided to walk back to the dorm. It was going to take an hour or so, so I had to mentally prepare myself and put the hat and mittens that I had In my bag on.

Just as I was about to open the door to go outside, I hear a masculine voice call my name.

I turn around to meet those dazzling brown eyes that I was so familiar with.

"Gen please wait." Quinn calls out.

I stop myself from leaving and let the door shut behind me.

"I broke up with Rachael."

—————————————————————————

A/N

GUYS I DONT EDIT THESE CHAPTERS SO if there are mistakes I'm sowwy

Anyways hope your enjoying this, I was rage writing this because I had a hockey game and the refs were asscheeks 😭

Love y'all