chapter five: forced

"You're coming with me to practice today Gen. I would get up if I were you." Kayde says as I refocus. I just woke up and he has to tell me this right now.

"Why?? I have practice later and no classes today so I want to relax. I have a competition soon." I roll my eyes and watch as Kayde turn on his puppy eyes. Out of all the years I've known him and he wants something, he uses his 'puppy eyes'. They always get me.

"Fine. You owe me lunch though."

"Alright then I'll leave so you can get changed. We need to go like right now. All my stuff is already at the arena.." Kayde leaves and shuts the door firmly behind him. I shuffle out of my bed. I know that Eva spent the night with Landon so she's obviously not coming home anytime soon.

I throw on a pair of tights and a UBC crew neck to keep warm in the harsh B.C. winter.

I brush my hair and put it into a sock bun and grab my phone to leave. I fling the dorm door open and see Kayde leaning against the wall on his phone.

"Okay I'm ready! Let's go." Kayde quickly looks up and we start running down the flights of stairs to the bus stop outsides.

I have my AirPods and a book called "Icebreaker" that I'm reading right now so while they practice I'll just sit in the stands.

We eventually got on the bus and got to the arena minutes later.

While I was ok the bus, my mind went to Quinn. Was he going to be at the practice? Was I going to be in the same building? Yeah I'm good.

Kayde and I walk together into the arena. He stops. "I'll see you after ok? I'll stay for your skate." He hugs me knowing I'm in a sensitive state right now.

Really Gen? Sensitive state? you BARELY know him.

Yes I was in a sensitive state. It's like the feeling when and old crush of your past that you liked a lot got another girlfriend. It's another kind of pain aside from heartbreak that I just can't describe.

As he walked away from me to go and get ready, I see Quinn talking to the head coach.

He then notices that I'm standing at the door. He keeps talking with Brad.

I decide that im not here to be stared at, so I make my way into the stands.

I find a comfortable spot a few rows from the top, but still with a good view of the rink.

I pull my AirPods and blast Morgan Wallen's Whiskey Friends.

I'm going to his concert next year so I'm getting pre pumped!

As I'm reading my book, I think about how I wish I was Anastasia. I'd love to be in love with a star hockey player that's also the well loved captain of his team.

All of a sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I jump out of my seat and turn my head to see who is beside me. Of course. It's him.

"You scared the fucking shit out of me Quinn!" I slap his arm hard for sneaking up on me.

"Oh shit my bad, I just wanted to talk to you Gen.." so I am confusion.

"About what?" I ask.

"Well," before he even continues he scratches the back of his neck trying to figure out what to say.

"Uhm- im sorry you had to see me and Rachael." He said nervously. I could tell he tried to plan what he would say to me but totally forgot in the heat of the moment.

"Uh, it's okay. It's not really my place to be angry about it. We're just friends anyways." He smiles softly and looks relieved that he got that out of his system. I don't ever want him to think that I was ever thinking about him in that way.

"Anyways, how's skating been for you?" He asks me. Glad the subject is changed.

"Oh, we've been doing pretty good, I've been getting my routine for the competition that we have coming up doing well." I say as I'm still focusing on the players on the ice. I'm not making eye contact purposely so I don't have to look at him with google eyes.

"Nice..Nice."

"Why are you talking to me right now?" I turn to face him and ask with a straight face.

He was obviously caught by surprise and was at a loss for words.

"I just wanted to talk to you." He doesn't even look at me.

"Well it'll look suspicious. They'll think that I'm trying to steal you away from your girlfriend."

"I know you're not that kind of person.." he replies.

"Well I'm going to keep reading my book right now." I say trying to brush him off and to get him to leave me alone.

"Look I know you're just trying to push me away but can we just go for coffee or something? Just as friends obviously."

Coffee? He's asking me out! No Gen, he has a girlfriend.

"Ill meet you after my skate. I guess I'll text you on instagram." He pulls his phone out.

"Just give me your number so we can just text normally." He says.

"Alright." I put the number in.

"Well thanks for your cooperation Gen, I'll see you later." He says.

I laugh and for the first time with him I smile. "See you then Quinn."

He gets up from the arena seat and walks away leaving me with my thoughts and my book.

Well Gen, if you're trying to get his girlfriend to hate you, this is a brilliant idea to do that.

Well I suppose if you want to become friends with Quinn, this might be the only way. You can't blow him off or that'll put a sour taste in his mouth.

I guess we will see what happens after this meetup.
—————————————————————————
A/N: I hope you guys like this! Thanks for all of the views so far! I love you all!!