chapter ninteen: problems

"𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕀 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕦𝕟 𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝕒 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕠𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦; 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕪𝕖𝕕."

✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾      ✾ ✾ ✾
Gen

I haven't talked to my family in a while, they're back in Ontario and I feel so far from them. The last time I talked to my mom was when I was complaining about Quinn and Rachael.

Even my brother, It's been forever since I've talked to him. So when I got a text from Benjamin I was surprised and happy.

Ben
Mom wants to have a family video call tonight so make sure to join

Gen
I might have some schoolwork but I'll get it done before, so I'll see ya.

—————————————————————————

Eva storms in the dorm and slams her coat down on the ground in anger. I was scrolling TikTok peacefully on my bed so her sudden outburst of anger disturbed my peace and quiet.

I knit my eyebrows in suspicion. "What the fuck happened  to you?" I ask a little miffed, I mean come on man I was just in a chill mood.

She kicks off her shoes and falls on her bed in frustration letting out a huge sigh. "Landon and I got into a fight.. he's been being such a dickhead lately." She rolls over onto her stomach and buried her head into her pillow.

"I swear every man on this earth has been annoying as hell lately." I try to relate to her and comfort her.

"I don't even know what I did to him." She muffles.

"Let's go out for drinks tonight then to forget about our man Problems then." I saw while playing with a coloured pen I had in my hand.

She picks her head off of her pillow. "You, man problems? Spill immediately." Eva fixes her position on her bed to listen.

"Well you know that Rachael and Quinn broke up, we kinda hung out for a day and then we ended up falling asleep cuddling. I don't know what to think or do." I explain to her.

She lowers her eyebrows and purses her lips trying to think of an answer.

"Well do you like him? Like middle school when you 'like like' a guy."

That's honestly a good question. I haven't actually thought of that. I should probably take some time to think about it.

I stutter before answering her question. "To be honest I don't know. I think about him in my head and i know the answer. I know he might have feelings for me to but the thought of being in a relationship just makes me doubt how good of a relationship it would be. I mean yeah I've dated someone before but I want this one to actually work out and if we don't end up with a good relationship then how would we still continue to be friends? I mean-" Eva cuts me off.

"Whoa whoa.. that's a whole lot. Let me get this straight, you do have feelings for him and you want a relationship with him but your scared about breaking up?" She questions.

"yeah pretty much. Also in your professional opinion, wouldn't it be too early for him to start dating me when he just broke up with Rachael like really recently?" She furrows her brows.

"I mean.. I guess.. but if y'all can't keep it in your pants then why not?" Eva says jokingly.

"Shut the fuck up, we just slept in the same bed, nothing else happened." I get up from my desk chair because it was starting to hurt my back, and went to lie on my bed. I look up at the ceiling and admire the reflection of the magenta LEDs on  it.

"Are you sure it was just sleeping? Don't lie.." she smirks.

I put my hands in the air in frustration. "On god Eva we didn't do anything else either than nap." I roll my eyes at her.

"Ok, well have you talked to him lately?" Eva questions me.

"Not exactly, he's been busy at the gym and physiotherapy, we haven't really had any time to talk.''  I sigh knowing I haven't actually made an effort to talk to him since he was in the dorm.

"Oh shit, is he going back to the NHL soon? Is his shoulder better?'' Eva turns on her back to face the ceiling copying me.

"Yeah he can start training with the team now. He's really exited about it, I know how much he misses hockey." I smile thinking about Quinn and I's conversation last week. The last time I saw him.

"I hope he stays for the rest of the season. The guys really like him." Eva says .

"Yeah Kayde always tells me how much they admire him." I laugh to myself thinking about how Kayde fan girls every time I talk about Quinn with him.

" yeah Landon likes him a lot too." She sighs as she says his name.

"Speaking of Landon, how has he been being a dickhead to you?" I ask Eva.

Who dares to piss off one of my best friends. I think to myself.

"When we've been going out to clubs, or just in public in general, he flirts with other girls right in front of me. It's been annoying me so much and every time I try and say something to him he just brushes it off. I finally called him out when we were hanging  out at his house and he was like "no I wasn't, you're just overreacting." But I wasn't going to let that asshole try and manipulate me, so we got into a huge argument and that's how I ended up back here." She takes a big breath like she just swam three laps under water.

"Jesus Christ..." who does Landon think he is? He's not the best player on that team, even if he was he doesn't have the right to do that to his own fucking girlfriend.

"Definitely take a break from him for now.. maybe he will say something in a few days because he realizes that he misses you." I say.

"He better, I mean this is the first time he's kind of done something like that. It's like a switch flipped in his head!" She sighs and pulls out TikTok on her phone to calm herself down.

I pull out my phone and check the time. I look at the family group chat and they were talking about starting the call in a few minutes so I get myself comfortable on my bed.

I put my phone back down on my bed to wait for the call notification.

I feel a vibration from it so I pick it up expecting a call from my mom, but I stress it's from Quinn.

Quinn 🏒
Hey, we haven't talked in a while. How's it going?

—————————————————————————

A/N

I'm sorry but I'm not putting them together yet..

I meant to post this chapter last night but then fell asleep when I was almost done lol

Anyways enjoy